File Recovery software

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

G/day forum,

Can anyone recommend a File Recovery software that analyses Temporary
internet files (even when deleted) and word documents - even after they've
been purposely deleted?

Regards,
Bill.
2 answers Last reply
More about file recovery software
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

    I've had great luck with r-undelete. http://www.r-undelete.com/

    Its performed some real miracles for me.

    --
    Mark Gamache
    Certified Security Solutions

    "The Poster" <nospam@nospam_dontyoudare.net> wrote in message
    > G/day forum,
    >
    > Can anyone recommend a File Recovery software that analyses Temporary
    > internet files (even when deleted) and word documents - even after they've
    > been purposely deleted?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Bill.

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

    Mark Gamache wrote:

    > I've had great luck with r-undelete. http://www.r-undelete.com/
    >
    > Its performed some real miracles for me.

    It really depends on why you want this software. If you are a home user
    and this is for your own machine and you just want to check up on
    things, then a commercially available program will be just fine. Please
    bear in mind that if you are trying to prepare a legal case or the
    police will be involved, you should not try to do this yourself. You
    will need to contact a professional computer forensics company so that
    you do not contaminate the evidence.

    Here are some links for data recovery:

    Restoration:
    http://www.geocities.jp/br_kato/

    PCInspector File Recovery
    http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/welcome.htm

    Ontrack's EasyRecovery
    http://www.ontrack.com/Homepage.aspx?id=3&pagename=Software

    DriveSavers
    http://www.drivesavers.com

    Ontrack and DriveSavers probably do forensics, too.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

Data Recovery Security Microsoft Software Windows