File Recovery software

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

G/day forum,

Can anyone recommend a File Recovery software that analyses Temporary
internet files (even when deleted) and word documents - even after they've
been purposely deleted?

Regards,
Bill.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

I've had great luck with r-undelete. http://www.r-undelete.com/

Its performed some real miracles for me.

--
Mark Gamache
Certified Security Solutions

"The Poster" <nospam@nospam_dontyoudare.net> wrote in message
> G/day forum,
>
> Can anyone recommend a File Recovery software that analyses Temporary
> internet files (even when deleted) and word documents - even after they've
> been purposely deleted?
>
> Regards,
> Bill.

Malke

Mark Gamache wrote:

> I've had great luck with r-undelete. http://www.r-undelete.com/
>
> Its performed some real miracles for me.

It really depends on why you want this software. If you are a home user
and this is for your own machine and you just want to check up on
things, then a commercially available program will be just fine. Please
bear in mind that if you are trying to prepare a legal case or the
police will be involved, you should not try to do this yourself. You
will need to contact a professional computer forensics company so that
you do not contaminate the evidence.

Here are some links for data recovery:

Restoration:
http://www.geocities.jp/br_kato/

PCInspector File Recovery
http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/welcome.htm

Ontrack's EasyRecovery
http://www.ontrack.com/Homepage.aspx?id=3&pagename=Software

DriveSavers
http://www.drivesavers.com

Ontrack and DriveSavers probably do forensics, too.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers