10 min to boot XP

When I boot up 'Win XP Home' it stops at the "Welcome" screen for 10 min. If
I hit ctrl/alt/del then it carries on like normal. Using 'msconfig' I find
that if I disable "Net Logon" then the problem goes away. M$'s answer (KB)
to this problem is to ignore it! If I do without "Net Logon" I can get
online via a router & cable modem.
For now this puter is stand-alone, however if I want to connect it to a home
network later will this be a problem?
Thanks,
Mort

http://www.usenet.com
1 answer Last reply
More about boot

    In news:422ae2fd$1_1@127.0.0.1,
    mortsnurd <mortsnurd@comcast.net> had this to say:

    > For now this puter is stand-alone, however if I want to connect it to
    > a home network later will this be a problem?

    Nope. Not for most home users it shouldn't be an issue at all. Leave it
    disabled.

    Galen

    mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

Boot Windows XP