Moment of Glory slot choices

Planned build for my ma/regen scrapper that made 38 today (yippee!)

Level 1 : Storm Kick /Acc,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,EndRdx
Level 1 : Fast Healing /Heal
Level 2 : Reconstruction /Heal
Level 4 : Quick Recovery /EndRec,EndRec,EndRec,EndRec,EndRec,EndRec
Level 6 : Hasten /Rchg,Rchg,Rchg,Rchg,Rchg,Rchg
Level 8 : Swift /Run
Level 10 : Boxing /Acc
Level 12 : Air Superiority /Acc,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,EndRdx
Level 14 : Hurdle /Jump
Level 16 : Integration /EndRdx,Heal,Heal
Level 18 : Tough /EndRdx,EndRdx,DamRes,DamRes,DamRes,DamRes
Level 20 : Resilience /DamRes,DamRes,DamRes,DamRes,DamRes,DamRes
Level 22 : Stamina /EndRec,EndRec,EndRec,EndRec,EndRec,EndRec
Level 24 : Fly /Fly
Level 26 : Crane Kick /Acc,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,EndRdx
Level 28 : Instant Healing /EndRdx,EndRdx,EndRdx,Heal,Heal,Heal
Level 30 : Dragon's Tail /Acc
Level 32 : Eagle's Claw /Acc,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,Dmg,EndRdx
Level 35 : Dull Pain(Regen) /Rchg
Level 38 : Moment Of Glory /DefBuf,DefBuf,DamRes,DamRes

Level 41 : Epic Pool /Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty
Level 44 : Epic Pool /Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty
Level 47 : Epic Pool /Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty
Level 49 : Epic Pool /Empty,Empty,Empty,Empty

For MOG, as you can see, I'm allocating 4 slots, so I have some for
the Epic Pool or whatever comes down the pipe.

Is MOG better slotted as:
1 DefBuf, 1 DamRes, 2 Rchg (almost perma, but my hasten is perma so I
would still have to activate it)
-or-
3 DefBuf, 1 DamRes (and use it as an OMG I'm about to die?)
-or-
4 DefBuf (and hope I take the mob or other out before they get a 300
point hit on me)

As it is, empty, when I activate it, it takes me from 1100 (or so) HP
to about 200.

Is MOG used as a last resort or a major pre-fight buff?

During the Manticore TF that I exemp'd to last night, the Crey Power
Tanks (i was exemp'd to a 33) were 1 or 2 shotting me, so my main
thought is something to deter the hits. As MOG is the only one in
Regen (that I see) that gives DefBuf I would like to use it at the
start of the fight, and hope I can take out whatever mob first.
11 answers Last reply
More about moment glory slot choices
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    J Anlee wrote:

    > Level 16 : Integration /EndRdx,Heal,Heal
    > Level 28 : Instant Healing /EndRdx,EndRdx,EndRdx,Heal,Heal,Heal

    You don't need EndRdx in Integration anymore, it's really cheap to
    run these days. Put a Heal in instead.

    I'd also look to 6-slot Integration for Heals, because then you don't
    always have to drain your end with IH since 6-slot Int will cover most
    situations. But that's up to you really, you'd get about the same healing
    rate with those 3 slots in Int or IH.

    --
    John Parkinson
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "J Anlee" <janlee@ameritech.net> wrote in message
    > Planned build for my ma/regen scrapper that made 38 today (yippee!)
    >
    > For MOG, as you can see, I'm allocating 4 slots, so I have some for
    > the Epic Pool or whatever comes down the pipe.
    >
    > Is MOG better slotted as:
    > 1 DefBuf, 1 DamRes, 2 Rchg (almost perma, but my hasten is perma so I
    > would still have to activate it)
    > -or-
    > 3 DefBuf, 1 DamRes (and use it as an OMG I'm about to die?)
    > -or-
    > 4 DefBuf (and hope I take the mob or other out before they get a 300
    > point hit on me)
    >
    > As it is, empty, when I activate it, it takes me from 1100 (or so) HP
    > to about 200.
    >
    > Is MOG used as a last resort or a major pre-fight buff?
    >
    > During the Manticore TF that I exemp'd to last night, the Crey Power
    > Tanks (i was exemp'd to a 33) were 1 or 2 shotting me, so my main
    > thought is something to deter the hits. As MOG is the only one in
    > Regen (that I see) that gives DefBuf I would like to use it at the
    > start of the fight, and hope I can take out whatever mob first.

    I'm not sure about slotting and using MoG, but making Dull Pain "perma"
    first might be a better alternative (4 Rech Red with perma-Hasten). That
    will give you a constant 40% increase to hps. Also, the update screen for
    the training room says that difficulty (and xp) for 25+ Bosses has been
    reduced back to pre-I3 levels, so being one or two shotted by Bosses in the
    future may not be as much of a problem if and when this change goes live.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:54:09 GMT, Janlee <janelee@ameritech.net> wrote:

    > The reason I took it, was 'Revive' to me is a self-defeating
    > attitude. I really don't even purchase awakens unless I know I'm
    > going into a TF/Trial, then I normally give them to the squishes
    > (sorry, blasters).

    You know, I keep seeing this attitude and I never understand it.
    People saying it's a waste to take a rez or self-rez power, because
    they're only useful when other party members (or you) die.

    I mean, you're *going* to die. Everybody dies, there's no way to
    avoid it. And some of those times you're going to be out of Awakens.
    And in a timed mission, sometimes the difference between rezzing in
    place and going to the hospital is the success or failure of the
    mission. Likewise, if you're way out in the middle of nowhere with
    the nearest hospital 3 or 4 zones away from you, the travel time can
    be a major pain. Far better to have it and not need it than to need
    it and not have it...because sooner or later you *will* need it, and
    you'll need it very badly.

    --
    Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
    Robotech_Master |
    | http://www.terrania.us/conga.html
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org> looked up from reading the entrails
    of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

    >On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:54:09 GMT, Janlee <janelee@ameritech.net> wrote:
    >
    >> The reason I took it, was 'Revive' to me is a self-defeating
    >> attitude. I really don't even purchase awakens unless I know I'm
    >> going into a TF/Trial, then I normally give them to the squishes
    >> (sorry, blasters).
    >
    >You know, I keep seeing this attitude and I never understand it.
    >People saying it's a waste to take a rez or self-rez power, because
    >they're only useful when other party members (or you) die.
    >
    >I mean, you're *going* to die. Everybody dies, there's no way to
    >avoid it. And some of those times you're going to be out of Awakens.
    >And in a timed mission, sometimes the difference between rezzing in
    >place and going to the hospital is the success or failure of the
    >mission. Likewise, if you're way out in the middle of nowhere with
    >the nearest hospital 3 or 4 zones away from you, the travel time can
    >be a major pain. Far better to have it and not need it than to need
    >it and not have it...because sooner or later you *will* need it, and
    >you'll need it very badly.

    For me that was the Eden Trial.
    Go to the Hospital and you end up in Founder's Falls and have to cross
    it, then cross the entire Eden zone, enter the trial, make your way
    through a LONG system of caves and such all while the timer ticks.

    Another spot where revive shines is the Shadow Shard, where there's only
    one hospital and it's at the start of the first zone (of 4).

    So much of the time you die to ranged, or die fleeing so you can use an
    awaken if you have one.

    Revive in some ways typifies Regen. Even when they drop you, you'll get
    better. [If only it were a full heal with some end so you could get
    toggles up fast.]

    Xocyll
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org> wrote:
    > I mean, you're *going* to die. Everybody dies, there's no way to
    > avoid it.

    I got hammered by a red boss tonight, a foe I've come to take down with
    only a deep breath and a focused attitude. I got distracted for a moment
    and ker-whang, I'm adding to my gum wrapper collection.

    Hmm. Three yellow minions over there. Awaken or magical teleport system?
    Hmm. Awaken it is.

    Oh, look, it's another gum wrapper.

    Fortunately, this was not one of the missions where there IS no magical
    teleport system and you end up in a cell. I ran back and made some red
    boss stew.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

    Xocyll wrote:

    > Revive in some ways typifies Regen. Even when they drop you, you'll get
    > better. [If only it were a full heal with some end so you could get
    > toggles up fast.]

    How much of a Heal/EndRecovery is it?
    I'm probably going to get it at 35 given the argument's you've put here
    and also because I could do with picking a power at that level which
    doesn't need slotting so I can throw the 36/37 slots into Tough instead.

    --
    | Victory Server |
    | Bex - Level 33 Assault Rifle/Devices Blaster |

    Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org> wrote in

    <SNIP>

    > I mean, you're *going* to die. Everybody dies, there's no way to
    > avoid it. And some of those times you're going to be out of Awakens.
    > And in a timed mission, sometimes the difference between rezzing in
    > place and going to the hospital is the success or failure of the
    > mission. Likewise, if you're way out in the middle of nowhere with
    > the nearest hospital 3 or 4 zones away from you, the travel time can
    > be a major pain. Far better to have it and not need it than to need
    > it and not have it...because sooner or later you *will* need it, and
    > you'll need it very badly.

    Well, I don't think I'll be taking all 4 powers from the epic power pool,
    and I still have to get to 44 for another respec chance, so.....we'll see.
    I may decide to take Revive and drop MOG, or just take two Epic Powers and
    Whirlwind....or something else.

    My design on my scrapper worked with little tweaks (3 respecs, 1 because I
    clicked to fast and took the WRONG FRIGGIN POWER!). But as in any char
    developement, I'll stay a flexibile.

    As far as MOG goes, it came in handy the other night due to someone having
    a lvl 40 something Malta ambush in Steel. Got hit by a sapper (looked
    later) and as I was plumeting to the ground, I hit MOG, animation stopped
    the drop, then fly kicked back in. So instead of going down to 1 HP on the
    ground, I was in the air with 1/3 hp getting the fark out of range.

    If that was an exploit.......I don't care.....it worked.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Janlee <janelee@ameritech.net> wrote:
    > My design on my scrapper worked with little tweaks (3 respecs, 1
    > because I clicked to fast and took the WRONG FRIGGIN POWER!).

    Heh. Respeccing is a time for calm, a quiet corner of the city, a soothing
    drink at hand, perhaps a printout from Hero Planner, and a "measure twice,
    cut once" approach.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
    -= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 7 Natural Tanker, Inv/Stone, H =-
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote in

    > Janlee <janelee@ameritech.net> wrote:
    >> My design on my scrapper worked with little tweaks (3 respecs, 1
    >> because I clicked to fast and took the WRONG FRIGGIN POWER!).
    >
    > Heh. Respeccing is a time for calm, a quiet corner of the city, a
    > soothing drink at hand, perhaps a printout from Hero Planner, and
    > a "measure twice, cut once" approach.

    And also understanding the difference between 'minor damage with
    disorientation' and 'moderate damage'.

    It wasn't until after I took the power that I found that allthough it
    has the disorient; wandering out of melee range is something that
    scrappers with swift/ss should not have...

    Almost made wish I could blame it on someone else's knockback attacks.
    But I did it to myself.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    J Anlee <janlee@ameritech.net> wrote:
    > And also understanding the difference between 'minor damage with
    > disorientation' and 'moderate damage'.

    Assuming the text means jack. :P

    I passed on Knockout Blow for a couple of chances, because all the
    references list it as "minor damage with strong disorient." Well, I need
    damage, not disorient.

    Either they revamped it in one of the Issues or the text was always wrong;
    it's a MAJOR damage dealer (2-3x Haymaker) with some disorient.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
    -= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 7 Natural Tanker, Inv/Stone, H =-
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    John Parkinson <jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> looked up from
    reading the entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good,
    the signs say:

    >Xocyll wrote:
    >
    >> Revive in some ways typifies Regen. Even when they drop you, you'll get
    >> better. [If only it were a full heal with some end so you could get
    >> toggles up fast.]
    >
    >How much of a Heal/EndRecovery is it?
    >I'm probably going to get it at 35 given the argument's you've put here
    >and also because I could do with picking a power at that level which
    >doesn't need slotting so I can throw the 36/37 slots into Tough instead.

    If it hasn't been changed, it gives half health and no endurance.
    Not much good if whatever killed you is standing on you,but good you
    managed to make a break for it but got killed by a last ranged shot and
    died alone.

    Xocyll

Video Games