Just got 965g ds3 need help

hardyb

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
Can someone give me a detailed walk through of removing the north and south heatsinks and putting as5 on and putting them back. Also can someone recommend a replacement if one exist. I do not want to rig anything onto the originals I just want to keep them good and cool. I noobed this up and scratched the silicon on the north one time and I dont want to do this again. Thanks guys

Brock

Also, is there anything else I can do to prep the board before I use it? I just got the zalman 9500at with it so let me know if there is anything else I need to do. Im using a p180 and a e6600.

yeah i wouldnt do that, you could damage the board or void the waranty etc

on the other hand i aint care bout that crap either, so flip the board over and squeeze the two plastic mounts that spring hold the nb and sb hsf on and then pull the things off - easy as, same deal for older video cards etc.

On the other hand its pretty pointless ;)

Can someone give me a detailed walk through of removing the north and south heatsinks and putting as5 on and putting them back. Also can someone recommend a replacement if one exist. I do not want to rig anything onto the originals I just want to keep them good and cool. I noobed this up and scratched the silicon on the north one time and I dont want to do this again. Thanks guys

Brock

Also, is there anything else I can do to prep the board before I use it? I just got the zalman 9500at with it so let me know if there is anything else I need to do. Im using a p180 and a e6600.

CmdPT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
You shouldn't worry about the temps for the chipset as they will rarely hit critical temps and besides why risk damaging a perfectly good board?