GA-965P-DQ6 Or S3?...Or maybe asus Commando?

Kamrooz

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
I'm trying to figure out which board I should be getting. I checked the prices on newegg and noticed the s3 that everyone has been talking about was damn reasonably priced at 100 bucks. But it doesn't support quad core as a future path which I will be filling in the future. I was also checking out the Asus Commando and liked the nifty features it has. So I'm having a dilemma on which to choose. Any ideas?

I was reading some reviews and liked the both the commando and the dq6...But I'm not sure which to buy..

ATM I have a p5ad2 premium which is going to make it's way into a 2nd rig for overnight downloading. ATM I'm leaning towards the commando do to the fact I have a current asus board and the overclocking will be easier since the bios is relatively similar....so personally preference really.....But does anyone have any suggestions or comments that will make me look the other way?..or to even a different board. Trying to go for top notch performance. Unfortunately atm I'll be using ddr2 533 so I won't be overclocking it much..but when I get the cash in a few months going to swap it with top notch overclocking ram...any ideas on the mobos?

Maybe I should just say screw it since they cost the same as a 975 board?...what do you guys think I should do?...overall I don't know how well the 975's overclock...but open to suggestions.

BUFF

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2003
ATM I'm leaning towards the commando do to the fact I have a current asus board and the overclocking will be easier since the bios is relatively similar....so personally preference really.....But does anyone have any suggestions or comments that will make me look the other way?..or to even a different board. Trying to go for top notch performance.
also check out the abit AB9 QuadGT as it can do 500fsb+ on the 1067 strap unlike most 965s.

col-p-todd

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
I Orderd the asus commando, should be getting it tomorrow. I chose it because of the seperate onboard sound card. and The good layout and it's ASUS of course.