Default web site - can't view or find it

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
February 14, 2005 6:27:04 PM

I installed SUS ver 1.0 and I'm trying to open the "Approve Update's" and it
can't find the web site..... I've read the "Deploying Microsoft Updae
Services" white page on the subject and it's of no help.
Also, I've installed the "wuau.adm" template on my DC to be able to view and
configure the Updates service via AD GPO, and have configured it
appropriately.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jake
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 2:18:40 AM

Were you able to download the updates by synchronizing with the a Microsoft
Update Server?? The "wuau.adm" template is to configure client policy for
automatic updates. Make sure that you add the fully qualified domain name as
the name of the SUS server for the clients in Group Policy. The link below
shows a good step by step for configuring client Group Policy for SUS. ---
Steve

http://www.bris.ac.uk/is/services/computers/operatingsy...

"Jake" <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed SUS ver 1.0 and I'm trying to open the "Approve Update's" and
>it
> can't find the web site..... I've read the "Deploying Microsoft Updae
> Services" white page on the subject and it's of no help.
> Also, I've installed the "wuau.adm" template on my DC to be able to view
> and
> configure the Updates service via AD GPO, and have configured it
> appropriately.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Jake
February 15, 2005 9:33:11 AM

Yes, I downloaded the 3 or 4 hundred of them, but can't view the web page to
approve any of them.

"Steven L Umbach" wrote:

> Were you able to download the updates by synchronizing with the a Microsoft
> Update Server?? The "wuau.adm" template is to configure client policy for
> automatic updates. Make sure that you add the fully qualified domain name as
> the name of the SUS server for the clients in Group Policy. The link below
> shows a good step by step for configuring client Group Policy for SUS. ---
> Steve
>
> http://www.bris.ac.uk/is/services/computers/operatingsy...
>
> "Jake" <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I installed SUS ver 1.0 and I'm trying to open the "Approve Update's" and
> >it
> > can't find the web site..... I've read the "Deploying Microsoft Updae
> > Services" white page on the subject and it's of no help.
> > Also, I've installed the "wuau.adm" template on my DC to be able to view
> > and
> > configure the Updates service via AD GPO, and have configured it
> > appropriately.
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Jake

February 15, 2005 11:09:33 AM

So you can get to the site, just not the approval page within it?
Try loosening the IE security settings relative to activeX
controls, etc..
Also, the best place for you to be posting this is
microsoft.public.softwareupdatesvcs

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
> Yes, I downloaded the 3 or 4 hundred of them, but can't view the web page
> approve any of them.
>
> "Steven L Umbach" wrote:
>
> > Were you able to download the updates by synchronizing with the a
Microsoft
> > Update Server?? The "wuau.adm" template is to configure client policy
for
> > automatic updates. Make sure that you add the fully qualified domain
name as
> > the name of the SUS server for the clients in Group Policy. The link
below
> > shows a good step by step for configuring client Group Policy for
US. ---
> > Steve

http://www.bris.ac.uk/is/services/computers/operatingsy...

> > "Jake" <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I installed SUS ver 1.0 and I'm trying to open the "Approve Update's"
and
> > >it
> > > can't find the web site..... I've read the "Deploying Microsoft Updae
> > > Services" white page on the subject and it's of no help.
> > > Also, I've installed the "wuau.adm" template on my DC to be able to
view
> > > and
> > > configure the Updates service via AD GPO, and have configured it
> > > appropriately.
> > >
> > > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > > Jake

Anonymous
February 15, 2005 1:49:49 PM

When you open http:///www.yourserver/susadmin to access SUS admin and select
approve updates what happens? Do you get any error messages? Any pertinent
info in Event Viewer? You might want to check the Web content zone for
intranet is set to default and also select monitor server in "other options"
and select refresh in the lower right hand corner. On my SUS server I notice
that when I go to approve updates it takes close to a minute for the approve
updates window to open. --- Steve

"Jake" <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes, I downloaded the 3 or 4 hundred of them, but can't view the web page
> approve any of them.
>
> "Steven L Umbach" wrote:
>
>> Were you able to download the updates by synchronizing with the a
>> Microsoft
>> Update Server?? The "wuau.adm" template is to configure client policy for
>> automatic updates. Make sure that you add the fully qualified domain name
>> as
>> the name of the SUS server for the clients in Group Policy. The link
>> below
>> shows a good step by step for configuring client Group Policy for
>> US. ---
>> Steve
>>
>> http://www.bris.ac.uk/is/services/computers/operatingsy...
>>
>> "Jake" <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I installed SUS ver 1.0 and I'm trying to open the "Approve Update's"
>> >and
>> >it
>> > can't find the web site..... I've read the "Deploying Microsoft Updae
>> > Services" white page on the subject and it's of no help.
>> > Also, I've installed the "wuau.adm" template on my DC to be able to
>> > view
>> > and
>> > configure the Updates service via AD GPO, and have configured it
>> > appropriately.
>> >
>> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>> >
>> > Jake

Anonymous
February 15, 2005 1:49:50 PM

> When you open http:///www.yourserver/susadmin to access SUS admin and
select
> approve updates what happens? Do you get any error messages? Any pertinent
> info in Event Viewer? You might want to check the Web content zone for
> intranet is set to default and also select monitor server in "other
options"
> and select refresh in the lower right hand corner. On my SUS server I
notice
> that when I go to approve updates it takes close to a minute for the
approve
> updates window to open. --- Steve

.. . . and accessing this on my SUSs I have to acknowledge
letting ActiveX controls run and be scripted a zillion times.

--

!