problem setting up IP-based access control for ftp server ..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security,microsoft.public.win2000.networking (More info?)

I'm having a problem setting up the IIS ftp server in w2k sp4 in a w2k domain.
Overall the thing seems to be working. However, I'd like to restrict access to
a particular subset of IP addresses. My problem is that all the controls on
the "Directory Security" tab are grayed out. This includes the choice between
default all allowed or all denied access, and the buttons for adding/editing
entries. This appears on both machines tried. On the web I've rarely seen any
mention of setting up this aspect of the server, and what I've seen makes no
mention of any networking policy or configuration that would control my access
to these settings. I would appreciate any hints or advice.
thanks
dale brewe

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

Install a firewall on your w2k system and limit access to FTP to those
trusted subnet.