CPU question!

I am getting a new comp and I dont know what CPU to get. What is the fastest and the best?

Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 Conroe 2.93GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor
OR
Intel Core 2 Extreme Quad-Core Processor QX6700 4x 2.66GHz/8MB L2 Cache/1066FSB
7 answers Last reply
More about question
  1. Quote:
    I am getting a new comp and I dont know what CPU to get. What is the fastest and the best?

OR

The X6800 will be better for current games because of its higher clock speed, but for any program that can use more than two cores the QX6700 is tops.

I suggest the QX6700. Multithreading is becoming more and more common.
  2. Check this out

http://www.anandtech.com/printarticle.aspx?i=2846

QX6700 actually has around 50% advantage in some tests over the X6800
  3. Quote:

OR

Why do you need the best cpu?

You can get almost as good for a fraction of the price. :wink:
  4. Quote:
    Check this out

http://www.anandtech.com/printarticle.aspx?i=2846

QX6700 actually has around 50% advantage in some tests over the X6800

Somehow I think quad core is overkill for this guy. If he has to ask about which is better, then quad core isn't for him. And I doubt he's doing any heavy rendering. Again... same logic.
  5. Quote:

Somehow I think quad core is overkill for this guy. If he has to ask about which is better, then quad core isn't for him. And I doubt he's doing any heavy rendering. Again... same logic.

You could be right! I wonder if he owns a Corvette?

bragging rights :lol:

I really need to get out more! :lol:
  6. Quote:

Yes maybe but i just showed the stats
  7. The games, C2D;
    The everything else and time resistent machine, C2Q;
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel