hard reset question, back up, active sync

May 18, 2005 3:09:16 PM

I have an AudioVox 6600, I have it completely set up the way I like it. I
can sync over the internet connection provided by sprint. This is my
question, if I do a hard reset of the device or more likely the device does
one for me, and I have a back up present, when I restore that back up will
the partnership with my PC still be still be valid?

--
Thanks
Wayne Sepega

Enterprise Library Configuration Console Module Generator
http://workspaces.gotdotnet.com/elccmg

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But
let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour.
That's relativity." - Albert Einstein
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 3:51:02 AM

Typical backup only backs up your data, all your apps and settings will have
to be restored. I use Sunnysoft Backup to backup my PPC each time I make
major changes to it and save a full restore to my SD card just in case I
have one of those unplanned hard resets.

"Wayne" <MeNotYou@community.nospam> wrote in message
> I have an AudioVox 6600, I have it completely set up the way I like it. I
> can sync over the internet connection provided by sprint. This is my
> question, if I do a hard reset of the device or more likely the device
does
> one for me, and I have a back up present, when I restore that back up will
> the partnership with my PC still be still be valid?
>
> --
> Thanks
> Wayne Sepega
> Jacksonville, Fl
>
> Enterprise Library Configuration Console Module Generator
> http://workspaces.gotdotnet.com/elccmg
>
> "When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute.
But
> let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour.
> That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Anonymous
May 19, 2005 11:39:53 PM

"Wayne" <MeNotYou@community.nospam> wrote in message
>I have an AudioVox 6600, I have it completely set up the way I like it. I
> can sync over the internet connection provided by sprint. This is my
> question, if I do a hard reset of the device or more likely the device
> does
> one for me, and I have a back up present, when I restore that back up will
> the partnership with my PC still be still be valid?
>
> --
> Thanks
> Wayne Sepega
> Jacksonville, Fl

My Asus ppc came with 2 backup programs- Asus backup, and Smartkeeper. Both
can fully backup the ppc data. Have you checked the CD's that came with your
ppc to see if they include any such utilities? I don't know the names of the
commercial equivalents, but someone did post the name of one in the past in
response to post I made following a similar question- it may be worth
checking the newsgroup archives- if there is none included on your ppc's cd.
June 2, 2005 8:07:50 PM

On Wed, 18 May 2005 11:09:16 -0400, Wayne wrote:

>I have an AudioVox 6600, I have it completely set up the way I like it. I
>can sync over the internet connection provided by sprint. This is my
>question, if I do a hard reset of the device or more likely the device does
>one for me, and I have a back up present, when I restore that back up will
>the partnership with my PC still be still be valid?

Probably, but you will still have to resync everything. You will get
the famous choices: replace handheld contents with PC, vice versa, or
combine. If you select combine, you will get piles of duplicates. If
you sync to two machines, like I do, well...

You would think that "restoring" your device means "exactly like it
was when you backed it up". Not quite.

--
"I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
- Slartibartfast