Sign in with
Your question

Does anyone have this case?

Last response: in Components
February 19, 2007 2:19:44 AM

I was thinking of buying this case and I looked at the reviews on Newegg and several people had problems with the MOBO tray and installing PCI/PCI-e cards. I was just wondering if anyone out there has this case and if they experienced any of the same problems.

Cooler Master Stacker RC-832

More about : case

February 19, 2007 2:56:46 AM

I don't have it but i have herd nothing but good reviews for it. It depend on how you plan on cooling you system to how this will live up to your standards etc etc
February 19, 2007 5:46:20 AM

I wanted aluminum and was thinking of water cooling and looked at Lian-Li and Silverstone but decided against it. This case looks to be the best air cooling case available and looks good to.

I read a bunch of positive reviews but there were several negative ones and they all seemed to point out the same flaws which for a $260 case raised some concern in me.

Also some people had negative comments on Cooler Master support, if anyone has a comment on that I would appreciate it.
Related resources
February 19, 2007 6:32:02 AM

look on the forum someone already buy it and commented on it, my personal opinion is that this case is 100% kick ass just like the silverstone Lian-li tj09

February 19, 2007 10:47:21 AM

It also depends on the cooler your using. for example One giant passive heat sink and the Thermaltake Armor with the additional side case fan would be better.

I am planing on getting this case, and it has potential if your prepared to do sum modding (the Armor that is). I'll be putting a few fans on the bottom sucking air into the case and onto my video card, while i plan on having the side case fan sucking air inside as well and having will having a few fans on the back and top blowing air out. This way if i do get a behemoth of a video card, i can still have air circulation in both the top half and bottom half of the case.

the case your looking at is pretty much the same, however... It has 4 smaller fans instead of 1 larger fan, but if noise isn't a problem it should be fine.
February 19, 2007 11:14:53 AM

It's a good quality case and you can't go wrong with it. A bit on the price side but you get what you pay for. :) 
February 19, 2007 12:19:59 PM

Any complaints about the Stacker series are just small gripes that those people would have with any case.

You can't go wrong with the Stacker, Armor, any of the larger Lian Li, or a Silverstone TJ09.
February 19, 2007 1:15:32 PM

I have the Stacker 830 which is the same case aside from color and the front door panels are different. I love my case even more so than the tai-chi case. I have a friend that went with that one and we both prefer mine. I also moded mine to have a water cooling system with 1/2" tubing in it.

I highly recommend this case if you have the money.
February 19, 2007 2:44:13 PM

Quote:
I have the Stacker 830 which is the same case aside from color and the front door panels are different

I looked at the pictures of both and it appears that the top fan hole is a little further toward the back of the case in the 830.

I am planning on the PC Power & Cooling 1000watt which is a very long power supply and I was concerned it might interfere in the 830.
February 19, 2007 2:51:50 PM

Ahh you are right.. it does appear that the 830s if further back than the 832. I am using a 700w FS Group with no problems what so ever.. you may check to see what the length differences are between the one you are going to use. If you want I could measure the clear distance on mine to see if it would clear.
February 19, 2007 3:02:35 PM

Quote:
measure the clear distance on mine to see if it would clear

That would be great , I would appreciate it.
February 19, 2007 3:07:38 PM

I will post back later on tonight after I get home from work to let you know. :D 
February 19, 2007 3:19:57 PM

IF youy like that case buy it, experience it yourself, you dont know what other people tried to do with it.

if it doesnt fit your spectations, return it.
February 19, 2007 3:25:26 PM

I have the Stacker 830 and I love it. The problems with the MOBO tray and installing PCI/PCI-e cards you are referring to are minor. I have had issue with both and it all comes down to screwing the motherboard down in the right position. What I have had to do to solve the problem was just loosen all the motherboard screws until I insert the PCI/PCI Express cards and then tighten the screws back up. Easy fix!
February 19, 2007 4:17:58 PM

Quote:
IF youy like that case buy it, experience it yourself, you dont know what other people tried to do with it.

I agree that case preferance is very subjective, I was just looking for some feedback from those who have experienced this case. I am planning on doing a build one piece at a time over the next couple of months and I would hate to get that shiny new video card and have it not fit 2 months down the road.

As far as the Armor is concerned it looks like a nice case but the USB/Firewire connections look a little too far back on the top. My system sits under my desk and I think that might be a little awkward to have access to.

For that matter I don't understand why most companies continue to put their USB ports at the bottom of their cases, most towers sit on or near the floor and it just seems to make sense that it would be much more convienent to have them on the top or top front. jm2c
February 19, 2007 7:32:24 PM

they just like to change their styles every year.
February 19, 2007 8:35:42 PM

For the Stacker 830 the maximum length your PSU can be is 7" with out moding the case.
February 19, 2007 11:34:43 PM

Quote:
For the Stacker 830 the maximum length your PSU can be is 7" with out moding the case.

Thanks for the info.
February 19, 2007 11:35:16 PM

thats a really good case for air cooling sli or crossfire -- it comes in a nvidia version too thats really cool!
!