RAID

hi,
can anybody tell me abt. the installation and configuration of a RAID
controller. if there is any useful links please list here
cheers

This is something you should post in a hardware newsgroup such as
Microsoft.public.win2000.hardware. I am sure that the major manufacturers
such as Adaptec have info on their websites also. Basically you will want a
scsi controller [ for a server] and drives and then you need to decide on
the RAID level you want to use - mirroring, striping, striping with parity,
etc. The links below may help. --- Steve

http://www.basichardware.com/scsi_card.html
http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/product/proddetail.html?sess=no&prodkey=ASR-2010S&language=English+US&cat=Products

"Fazil" <Fazil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> can anybody tell me abt. the installation and configuration of a RAID
> controller. if there is any useful links please list here
> cheers

hi
thanx for the advice and quick response from all you guys. ofcourse i will
post my question in hardware group to get more help. thanx again
cheers

In article <43ABCA4C-8465-4751-8C88-E7A26FC751A7@microsoft.com>,
Fazil@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> hi,
> can anybody tell me abt. the installation and configuration of a RAID
> controller. if there is any useful links please list here
> cheers

Search the vendor's Web site or the accompanying CD for readme docs.
every RAID controller I have purchased over the last few years has had
great documentation on configuration.

Brian

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:41:08 -0800, "Fazil"
<Fazil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>can anybody tell me abt. the installation and configuration of a RAID
>controller. if there is any useful links please list here

There aren't any security settings for the installation of a RAID
controller. Though I'm sure a hardware group will have other
suggestions, and the controller's manufacturer will have a whole buch
of information on installing it.

Jeff

Best to look refer to the hardware manufactures documentation.