how to make start menu display all programs ??

Dear group,

I have shortcuts to most of my programs, but am annoyed that when I click on
START, PROGRAMS, the first menu shows only a few things I've used recently
and I have to hit down arrow to fully expand the menu.

just a minor gripe

Brugnospamsia

bytor

In article <PGEWd.29559$8B3.15788@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
brugnospamsia@blueyonder.co.uk, brugnospamsia says...

> Dear group,
>
> I have shortcuts to most of my programs, but am annoyed that when I click on
> START, PROGRAMS, the first menu shows only a few things I've used recently
> and I have to hit down arrow to fully expand the menu.
>
> just a minor gripe
>
> Brugnospamsia

Right click on a blank spot in your taskbar & go to properties, in the
general tab uncheck "use personalized menus"

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 14:43:59 GMT, brugnospamsia wrote:

> Dear group,
>
> I have shortcuts to most of my programs, but am annoyed that when I click on
> START, PROGRAMS, the first menu shows only a few things I've used recently
> and I have to hit down arrow to fully expand the menu.
>
> just a minor gripe
>
> Brugnospamsia

Change a setting in Taskbar and Start Menu properties:

If using the classic style menu, disable personalized menus and possibly
disable "scroll programs."

If using the XP style, disable "scroll programs."
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

"ByTor" <ByTor@snowdog.com> wrote in message
> In article <PGEWd.29559$8B3.15788@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
> brugnospamsia@blueyonder.co.uk, brugnospamsia says...
>

>> Dear group,
>>
>> I have shortcuts to most of my programs, but am annoyed that when I click
>> on
>> START, PROGRAMS, the first menu shows only a few things I've used
>> recently
>> and I have to hit down arrow to fully expand the menu.
>>
>> just a minor gripe
>>
>> Brugnospamsia
>>

> Right click on a blank spot in your taskbar & go to properties, in the
> general tab uncheck "use personalized menus"

thanks :)

I might have kept this feature if you could tweak what counted as "recently
used"

TRENDING THREADS