New System has display issues

w3wizard

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
I just finished putting together my new system, and on startup I noticed that the image was messed up while I was trying to configure my CMoS. There were horizontal lines blurring what was behind them, sometimes blocks of colors just showed up all over the place. Text would be flickering in different colored backgrounds, etc. I would like to post a shot of the screen but my camera doesn't work. However, while I can still make out some of what is being displayed and I was able see most of what was in the CMoS, when I restarted the computer the blocks were different, and it was harder to see everything, and it's pretty random the effects that occur.

I'm not sure if it's the video card that is bad, or the motherboard or if it's something I"m not doing right because I am getting a beep on start up. However the fact that I"m able to see most of what's supposed to be there has me confused.

w3wizard

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
Damn, the connection seem fine, unless maybe it's because of the weight being placed on the card by the tubing.

If I have to replace it is there anyway to remove the waterblock on it without damaging it?

Also, just a question but it shouldn't be a problem with the motherboard right?

w3wizard

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
Damn, I used an adhesive, oh well. I guess on the bright side it's an excuse to get a better card.

Thanks for the help.