W2K Adv. Svr SP2 and Critical Security Patches

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
a b 8 Security
February 22, 2005 9:03:07 AM

Windows Update has not displayed any critical patches for my W2K Adv. Svr SP2
machine since August 2004 since all patches affecting W2K Adv Svr state SP3
or SP4 only. Is a W2K Adv. Svr with SP2 vulnerable to the issues resolved by
these critical patches?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
February 22, 2005 12:19:12 PM

In article <13FB4E8E-1E96-471C-9D64-D86D2E979A5B@microsoft.com>, in the
microsoft.public.win2000.security news group, =?Utf-8?B?VzJLIEFkbWlu?=
<W2K Admin@discussions.microsoft.com> <=?Utf-8?B?VzJLIEFkbWlu?= <W2K
Admin@discussions.microsoft.com>> says...

> Is a W2K Adv. Svr with SP2 vulnerable to the issues resolved by
> these critical patches?

Absolutely. You should get up to SP4 ASAP.

--
Paul Adare
"On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament],