looking to upgrade my AGP MB with one of these 2 any adive??

soric2

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2006
I am looking to purchase one of these 2 boards and I want the easiest and more user friendly of the 2, I donot plan on OC'ing.
I cant find find an AGP card that will run on my old board so I will just do a small upgrade to PCI-E and hold on for another year.
this is one... I know the egg syas its out of stock but another vendor near me has it available.
EVGA model

the other...
MSI MODEL

again just looking for something I can use my old parts for and just hold off on a major upgrade for now.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
I am looking to purchase one of these 2 boards and I want the easiest and more user friendly of the 2, I donot plan on OC'ing.
I cant find find an AGP card that will run on my old board so I will just do a small upgrade to PCI-E and hold on for another year.
this is one... I know the egg syas its out of stock but another vendor near me has it available.
EVGA model

the other...
MSI MODEL

again just looking for something I can use my old parts for and just hold off on a major upgrade for now.
Can you list your current system specs please? We need/like to know these before we advise.

soric2

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2006
I have...
2 gigs of ram.. nothing special
amd 64 3700
1 sata HD
my psu is 450 watt, it does 15 amps on each rail, cant remember the name of it though.
and I am looking to buy a vid card as well.

I also need one of those little speakers that connect to the MB that reports errors or does on board audio do that as well?
not going to do sli or anything at this time just looking to be able to use a more updated vid card.