Drag and Drop functionality lost after fix 890047

We have noticed that after installing hot fix 890047, our
users cannot drag and drop with in the "Open" dialog box
such as in MS Word, Excel, Notepad, etc. After removing
this hotfix the functionality returned. Is there a way to
turn on this functionality with this hotfix installed ? I
have 50 systems in this state that was updated using SUS
server. It took us 13 reboots to uninstall this
particular hotfix.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

kyu wrote:

> We have noticed that after installing hot fix 890047, our
> users cannot drag and drop with in the "Open" dialog box
> such as in MS Word, Excel, Notepad, etc. After removing
> this hotfix the functionality returned. Is there a way to
> turn on this functionality with this hotfix installed ? I
> have 50 systems in this state that was updated using SUS
> server. It took us 13 reboots to uninstall this
> particular hotfix.

i found a similar problem with 'network places' and have the
same hotfix. i found a dogpile of info on MS website, related
to numerous hotfix issues, but nothing specific to drag&drop
and 'network places'.

does anyone have more info on 890047 or this problem?

There is an hotfix available to solve this problem, but unfortunatelly
this hasn't passed the regression tests at Microsoft yet and isn't
published on
the Microsoft public website.

Also, this fix will be included in SP5 for Windows 2000.

https://premier.microsoft.com/hotfixdownload.aspx?kbid=894968

--
Panjandrum
Panjandrum's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=5999

alice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2004

SP5 for Windows 2000? I thought there wasn't going to be one. Unless you mean
the some day to be released Update Rollup?
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/server/evaluation/news/bulletins/rollup.asp

Anyone know when the Update Rollup is coming out? I hope it's soon.

Alice