Accounts running slow after installation of SP2

I have read the advice on what to do if my machine is running slow after
installing Service Pack 2 and have followed them (the defrag'ing, the running
spyware, the reboot over three days, etc.), but my problem is that while my
account (the first to be set up) is running fine, the other accounts (those
of my wife, my son, and my daughter) are all running horrendously slow. Any
further suggestions? I don't want to have to restore back to Service Pack 1
as the security options are useful.

You should check to see what those accounts have running in the startup tab
in msconfig. Uncheck those that are not needed to run at startup.
Also, delete all temp files.
To get to msconfig click the Start button, go to Run, and type in
msconfig
then press ok. Once there, click on the startup tab.

To delete temp files, click on Tools>internet Options, and under temporary
Internet files temp files and cookies..be advised that deleting cookies will
also require to re-login in to sites that require a password and user name.