Cant Log in after Upgrade to 2000 from 98?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security,microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

I upgraded a machine from 98se to Win2000...

During the Upgrade I added the machine to our AD Domain and I was able to
log in using AD user Accounts.

I've finished with the software install and removed it from the domain and
added it to a workgroup.

Rebooted and now I cannot log in. I've tried every password I could think
of for and Administrator User but nothing seems to work..

Would the Administrator user be there from an Upgrade?

Any help would be appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about cant upgrade 2000
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security,microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade (More info?)

    I am not sure how that account would be configured in a W98 upgrade. Normally
    you are asked to create a password for the administrator account during an
    installation of W2K. Be sure to try no password as it may be blank. If you still
    can not figure it out see the link below for a free tool that you can use to
    reset the built in administrator account. --- Steve

    http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

    "Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message
    > I upgraded a machine from 98se to Win2000...
    >
    > During the Upgrade I added the machine to our AD Domain and I was able to
    > log in using AD user Accounts.
    >
    > I've finished with the software install and removed it from the domain and
    > added it to a workgroup.
    >
    > Rebooted and now I cannot log in. I've tried every password I could think
    > of for and Administrator User but nothing seems to work..
    >
    > Would the Administrator user be there from an Upgrade?
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.

Domain Login Microsoft Windows