How to track user account creation?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
February 23, 2005 3:55:09 PM

Does anyone know how I could track when user accounts are created on a Win2K
server? The server is a stand alone server, not running AD, so they will be
local user accounts. I know I can track login of users, but I need to know
if another administrator creates a user account.

Thanks in advance!
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 2:20:55 AM

Enable auditing of Account Management in Local Security Policy and then an event
will be recorded in the security log when accounts are created, changed, or
deleted. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;300549 -- how to
configure auditing.

"Chris Mann" <ChrisMann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D CA783B1-BFEB-4A6A-BE64-7C0CC0553E31@microsoft.com...
> Does anyone know how I could track when user accounts are created on a Win2K
> server? The server is a stand alone server, not running AD, so they will be
> local user accounts. I know I can track login of users, but I need to know
> if another administrator creates a user account.
>
> Thanks in advance!
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 8:17:02 AM

Thanks! I'll try this out!