Building a new computer

Hello,
I am very new to this forum and don't have the bes knowledge about computers. So if you don't have the patients to explains some basic to me, then you should probably just ignore this forum. Anyways, I really need to get a Desktop that is excellent for gaming. I don't know much about the computing world, so I was wondering if someone could explain to me how I could build my own computer (if that is cheaper than buying a new one) with all the correct parts, and just briefly explain which each part does. I know there are some good sites like newegg, so if you guys could just help me out in finding just an excellent gaming computer, with a 1,500 budget, that would be great. Any cheaper would be magnificent.
Thank you for taking the time to read this long post,
Zman
6 answers Last reply
More about building computer
  1. Core2Duo 2.4 GHz, 1 or 2 GB RAM of a nice brand and nice speed (666+ MHz) (and remember, an identical couple of them for the resulting capacity, for dual channel), Some nice Motherboard that can stand both C2D & the quantities of RAM (don't mind spending a bit more on it, it is the back bone of your computer), a couple of hard drives in raid 0 (that probably could easily be built on each motherboard nowadays), GeForce 8800 GTS (or GTX if you think so), a power supply of decent power (the more the better), and no computer case at all :)
    If you need to ask here for such advice, you probably don't want to mess with overclocking, at least not too much of it. And forget about that raid thing. Just be sure RAM and CPU get synchronous buses of communication between them, as C2D works better in such conditions.
  2. Alright, so are those all the parts I need to build my gaming computer, and whats the best grpahics card out there right now but pretty affordable considering my budget.
    Thank you very much!
  3. GeForce 8800 series, GTX being the most powerful of the world and GTS and a new one that I don't remember right now which are the cheaper versions of it, but still a lot powerful for their price. I'd go for GTS
  4. how abt ATI x1950
  5. Good choice too. I just happen to be impressed by the CUDA of Nvidia.
  6. The x1950 Gt is great bang for the buck, and so is the x1950 pro. After that you have to pay about 100 dollars more for an Nvidia 8800 series card.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Computer