Review: Zalman 9500 & 9700

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
Yet another reviewer disappointed by the Zalman HSFs.

Would be a hell of a HSF for $25-30 like the Freezer 7 Pro, but I can't see how anyone justifies the price tag for the top two Zalman.

G

Yet another reviewer disappointed by the Zalman HSFs.

Would be a hell of a HSF for $25-30 like the Freezer 7 Pro, but I can't see how anyone justifies the price tag for the top two Zalman.

Agreed.

They need to adjust their pricing with all the competition out there. Even with their name of good products, just too many competitors with the same technology and designs now.

Hex

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
The Zalman 9700 at aroune $75 is alittle salty, but that's why you wait for Newegg to have a sale. :D I just bought one for about $50.

The Zalman 9700 at aroune $75 is alittle salty, but that's why you wait for Newegg to have a sale. I just bought one for about $50.

Ditto here. Ain't particularly easy mounting that monster however :). BTW, the little Northbridge cooler that came with my 680i mobo is much noisier - spins around 4500 rpm I think.

Anyway with the 9700 abd blue LED case fans in my NZXT case, blue fluorescent IDE cables and the Ballistix Tracer memory, it's quite a light show inside my case - don't need no stinkin' auxiliary case lighting :lol: . Well maybe a couple mini motorized disco dance balls and a smoke generator and some tasteful laser lighting wouldn't hurt, but that's all! :roll:

Hex

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
Ditto here. Ain't particularly easy mounting that monster however :). BTW, the little Northbridge cooler that came with my 680i mobo is much noisier - spins around 4500 rpm I think.

Damn. :x Hopefully it will be easier to install on my AMD EPoX board. :)

Anyway with the 9700 abd blue LED case fans in my NZXT case, blue fluorescent IDE cables and the Ballistix Tracer memory, it's quite a light show inside my case - don't need no stinkin' auxiliary case lighting :lol: . Well maybe a couple mini motorized disco dance balls and a smoke generator and some tasteful laser lighting wouldn't hurt, but that's all! :roll:

LMAO! :lol:

There must be an echo on these forums yet nobody seems to listen to it.

WHOA Anoobis! 8O ....you in the right thread?? :oops:

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
Hellooo Helloooo hello hell hel he oooo

They are nice looking and high quality, but if they ever want to take a big chunk of the HSF market, they are going to have to drop prices to justify the mediocre performance.

Though there is a sucker born every second...

Damn. Hopefully it will be easier to install on my AMD EPoX board.

I gotta admit it took some skillful maneuvering and cussing to slip the mobo into the case without dinging the fins - cleared by less than a quarter inch. What I like about the cooler is the fact that it is angled up a bit at the rear, so it points exactly in line with the rear case fan.

@ Anoobis & Tool_462: Some of us not planning massive oc think spending $50 on a cool-looking cooler is OK - otherwise why get a windowed case? Yeah the Tuniq is better, but is about as sexy as a Mack truck radiator and currently is $65 on Newegg. Sheesh - it's not like we bought a quad-fx or something :roll: