Sign in with
Your question

Gigabute DS3 vs Asus P5B-E vs. Abit AB9 Pro

Last response: in Motherboards
February 19, 2007 11:28:35 AM

Hello all,

I going to build myself a new computer and I'm stuck with choosing a motherboard. I've narrowed my choices down to the Gigabute DS3, Asus P5B-E and the Abit AB9 Pro. Which one would be the better choice? Of course I want to do a little OC'ing but nothing extreme (at all) and the build will be used for gaming.

Help greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Tim
February 20, 2007 6:54:33 AM

With my experience, I'd say Abit or Asus - just decide what price suits you, and what each board offers. I'm fond of Asus, but Abit is also quite hot at this stage. Very general, I know. But buying a mobo should be based on what you want in a PC, and anything else other people say is added food for thought on matters you should be clear and confident about already.

Do you like OC'ing?
Do you like complicated BIOS options that are extensive?
Do you like alot of features that run in the OS?
Do you require 6 SATA ports?
ETC...
February 20, 2007 12:50:38 PM

depends which you value more - features or overclocking.
The abit has by far the best feature count but is the worst overclocker of the 3 (probably ~400fsb on average).
February 20, 2007 1:40:15 PM

Quote:
Hello all,

I going to build myself a new computer and I'm stuck with choosing a motherboard. I've narrowed my choices down to the Gigabute DS3, Asus P5B-E and the Abit AB9 Pro. Which one would be the better choice? Of course I want to do a little OC'ing but nothing extreme (at all) and the build will be used for gaming.

Help greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Tim

Tim,

I don't know about the other boards that you are considering but I would like to throw my support behind the Gigabyte board. It is a rock solid motherboard and an extremely good overclocker. BIOS revision F7 seems to be its sweet spot.
!