xp folders permissions, no security tab offered

evad

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2002

running xp home sp2. trying to set folder permissions for antivirus program
(symantic shared folder). i go to control panel, appearance/themes, folder
options, view tab and uncheck simple views as told to do by windows help. it
never allows me to get a "security" tab like it says, so i can set
permissions for that folder. what am i doing wrong? probably missing
something obvious, but don't know what. would appreciate the help.

evad

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2002