Packet Filter Policy is missing

The problem: Ports UDP 1434 and TCP 1433 are filtered creating problems for
SQL replication.
The TCP filtering in the LAN Connection Properties is disabled.
I want to check the IP Security Policies on Local Computer.
Unfortunately the Packet Filter Policy is missing from that snap-in. Where
can I find it?
The OS is MS Windows Server 2003.

Thanks,
Dan
1 answer Last reply
More about packet filter policy missing

    Normally there are two ip security mmc snapins you can use. You can also use
    Local Secuirity Policy - secpol.msc to examine ipsec policies on the local
    computer at which time you will be informed if a domain/OU ipsec policy is
    being applied and use the netsh ipsec command [ netsh ipsec static show
    policy all ] to see what if any policies are applied and the details on the
    policy. Also be sure to check to see if the computer has a persistent ipsec
    policy that will be applied regardless if there is a local or domain ipsec
    policy applied. You would have to look in the persistent store for that by
    using the command netsh ipsec static set store location=persistent and then
    use the show all policy command to see if there are any persistent ipsec
    policies and if they are assigned. If you unassign a persistent ipsec policy
    the computer must be rebooted for it to be disabled. --- Steve

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/proddocs/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/proddocs/en-us/netsh_ipsec.asp
    --- netsh ipsec

    "danA" <dea@deamon.com> wrote in message
    > The problem: Ports UDP 1434 and TCP 1433 are filtered creating problems
    > for SQL replication.
    > The TCP filtering in the LAN Connection Properties is disabled.
    > I want to check the IP Security Policies on Local Computer.
    > Unfortunately the Packet Filter Policy is missing from that snap-in.
    > Where can I find it?
    > The OS is MS Windows Server 2003.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dan