Packet Filter Policy is missing

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
March 2, 2005 1:01:59 AM

The problem: Ports UDP 1434 and TCP 1433 are filtered creating problems for
SQL replication.
The TCP filtering in the LAN Connection Properties is disabled.
I want to check the IP Security Policies on Local Computer.
Unfortunately the Packet Filter Policy is missing from that snap-in. Where
can I find it?
The OS is MS Windows Server 2003.

Thanks,
Dan
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 2, 2005 1:02:00 AM

Normally there are two ip security mmc snapins you can use. You can also use
Local Secuirity Policy - secpol.msc to examine ipsec policies on the local
computer at which time you will be informed if a domain/OU ipsec policy is
being applied and use the netsh ipsec command [ netsh ipsec static show
policy all ] to see what if any policies are applied and the details on the
policy. Also be sure to check to see if the computer has a persistent ipsec
policy that will be applied regardless if there is a local or domain ipsec
policy applied. You would have to look in the persistent store for that by
using the command netsh ipsec static set store location=persistent and then
use the show all policy command to see if there are any persistent ipsec
policies and if they are assigned. If you unassign a persistent ipsec policy
the computer must be rebooted for it to be disabled. --- Steve

--- netsh ipsec

!