Windows Security Center Warning.

Hello,

My Windows 2000 Server SP4 displayed the following error:

TITLE: Windows Security Center

WARNING: Windows Firewall detected suspicious network activity on your
computer. Malicious software codes try to steal your privacy information,
such as credit card number, electronic mail accounts, financial data or
passwords. Do you want to learn how to protect your computer?

I found a similar message on the Symantec website
(http://sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.livechat.html) and it claim the
message is from a malicious spyware known as "Adware.LiveChat". It further
instruct how to remove it. However, when I look for the Adware.LiveChat on
the Task Manager (while the message is being displayed on the screen), I
didn't really find that process.

When I right-click on the process under the Application tab and choose "Go
to Process", it took me to CISVC.EXE (a system process).

The instruction didn't really help. Any suggestion would be grateful!

Steve

If you have not done such yet try scanning your computer with one of the popular
spyware detection and removal tools such as Adaware SE. If you have one
installed be sure to update the definitions before you scan. --- Steve

"Steve P." <Steve P.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> My Windows 2000 Server SP4 displayed the following error:
>
> TITLE: Windows Security Center
>
> WARNING: Windows Firewall detected suspicious network activity on your
> computer. Malicious software codes try to steal your privacy information,
> such as credit card number, electronic mail accounts, financial data or
> passwords. Do you want to learn how to protect your computer?
>
> I found a similar message on the Symantec website
> (http://sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.livechat.html) and it claim the
> message is from a malicious spyware known as "Adware.LiveChat". It further
> instruct how to remove it. However, when I look for the Adware.LiveChat on
> the Task Manager (while the message is being displayed on the screen), I
> didn't really find that process.
>
> When I right-click on the process under the Application tab and choose "Go
> to Process", it took me to CISVC.EXE (a system process).
>
> The instruction didn't really help. Any suggestion would be grateful!
>
> Steve

you can see the new tool from MS
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en