How to lock access to tax application on guest account?

Is there a way to prevent a user on the guest account from getting access to
sensitive applications?
2 answers Last reply
More about lock access application guest account

    You can make sure that the user in a group that has no or deny permissions
    to the folders that the applications reside in. For instance you could give
    the guest and/or guests group full deny permissions to program
    files\sensitive application folder for full control. If a user is in a group
    that does not have any permissions to an application/executable then they
    have an implicit deny permission. What I would do is to logon as that
    account or as a user in that group to make sure that the user can not access
    the application. The best solution is to not let the user logon to or be
    able to access the computer if it has sensitive applications if possible. Be
    careful with deny permissions and keep in mind that administrators are also
    members of the users and everyone groups. --- Steve

    Bill Gates III wrote:
    > Is there a way to prevent a user on the guest account from getting
    > access to sensitive applications?

    In addition to the Always Sage Steven's reply - applications aren't
    sensitive. The DATA they create & access is.

    Lock that down securely, ideally not even on the computer itself, but on a
    properly configured server located in a locked room - and who really cares
    if someone can launch an executable?

Security Microsoft Windows