Antec TruePower Trio 650w Low Voltage

JJMAN

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2005
Howdy fellas. I just purchased this power supply "Antec Truepower Trio 650w" and when I do the reads the 12 volt is fine at 12.1 volts but the 5 volt only reads 4.4 and the 3.3 volt only reads 2.4. Isnt 2.4 extremely to low? Thats a whole nother volt even.
Any ideas if I should go ahead and put this in my machine or should I take it back?
Thanks alot for your input.

Tolcheen

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
How are you messuring the Power? Volt meter? Windows Utility? Volt meter never lies, but software apps can mislead you. If your using a volt meter, take the power supply back and get another. If your using windows software, try looking for voltage reads in the BIOS instead, or check for an app made by your motherobard manufactuer.

JJMAN

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2005
How are you messuring the Power? Volt meter? Windows Utility? Volt meter never lies, but software apps can mislead you. If your using a volt meter, take the power supply back and get another. If your using windows software, try looking for voltage reads in the BIOS instead, or check for an app made by your motherobard manufactuer.

It must be that smart power stuff or something because it now reads the voltages fine in the BIOS. I've not dealt with (GOOD) power supplies (Only cheap ones) before even though I know without a good ps you can ruin your stuff or your machine can be flaky and unstable. Without there being a load on the power supply it did not read the voltages correctly but now she does once you actually put something on it. :) In case people have this same issue, a fellow over at [H] DArkFOg had this same issue with a Cooler master. Anyhow good info to know. :) Thanks for hte reply for sure! :)