So if the most influencial companies are on one side...

ajfink

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
...like AMD, Dell, HP, NVIDIA and Phillips...why would anyone not at least summarily support DisplayPort?

http://www.dailytech.com/The+Future+of+HDMI/article6098.htm

It seems that if both the major graphics card companies, the two largest OEMs in the US and one of the larger display makers are backing it, it would be silly to not support it at least a little bit.

However, HDMI is already fairly saturated in the market and many of the companies supporting DisplayPort are also support HDMI.

Thoughts? I posted this here because I thought the people in graphics would be upset by discussion-news :oops:

heartview

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Personally, I wish they'd focus more on wireless standards for this sort of thing. If a device has to be plugged in anyway, why does it have to have a cord tying it to the computer too?

mpjesse

Splendid
wrong-forum.jpg

We don't fcuking care if the graphics forum would get upset. Don't post this crap in CPU.

How about this: let me come over and take a dump in your living room.

ajfink

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
wrong-forum.jpg

We don't fcuking care if the graphics forum would get upset. Don't post this crap in CPU.

How about this: let me come over and take a dump in your living room.

In my case it would be the dorm common room - and it's not like that hasn't happened there before. :wink: