Strydent InkSaver Review -- THIS SW SAVES YOU BIG$

nanyangview

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2002
I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH THIS COMPANY NOR I AM ADVERTISING. I WAS CHOSEN FOR THE EVALUATION AND THESE ARE MY PERSONAL OPINION. ALL THE TEXT BELOW ARE WRITTEN BY ME!
Strydent InkSaver Review:
Company Website: www.inksaver.com

The cost saving offered by this software is very significant and I WHOLEHEARTEDLY RECOMMEND IT TO EVERYONE.
I pledge that everything in this review is the truth, NOTHING but the truth.

Before installing inksaver, I usually print in draft mode to save ink but it delivers poor quality. Using normal mode offers good quality under the HP 960 and 990 but it drains the black cartridge very fast. Using the HP toolbox software's ink estimator, printing about 20-25 pages of full text will result in the decrease of 10% of the ink. (I am currently using the original HP 45 Black Starter ink Cartridge which contains 21ml of ink instead of 42ml in the retail cartridge.

After installing InkSaver, I adjusted black savings into 45% and colour saving into 60% and has not noticed a decrease in percentage of ink volume in the cartridge after about 17 days of usage and normal printing. Even at 45% savings for black and 60% savings for colour, I find the quality perfectly acceptable for school work and normal printing. A comparison made with printing at 45% savings to 0% savings showed only lighter dark, less ink used but the text still remained sharp, unlike draft which makes it fuzzy and unsmooth. This applies to colour printing. When inksaver is paired with a high end printer, the decline in print quality is not heavily impacted and noticable.

NOW if you do the MATH:
This software costs only US$34.99 and lets say you use 50% ink savings on the black and colour cartridge, the total costs of saving is about $90++ (depends on cost of cartridge) which makes this software EXTREMELY ecomomical and benficial for your printing costs.
You can always go to inksaver.com and download the demo to see for yourself.
I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH THIS COMPANY NOR I AM ADVERTISING. I WAS CHOSEN FOR THE EVALUATION AND THESE ARE MY PERSONAL OPINION. ALL THE TEXT ABOVE ARE WRITTEN BY ME!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by nanyangview on 06/19/02 09:28 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

I wholeheartedly agree with nanyangview. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I probably wouldn't have believed it. I've been a PC tech for 18 years and have seen programs like this that didnt work.

I have only used it for a few weeks but wow, what a great program :eek: . I will be recommending this to my customers/readers (I write computer tips newsletters).

I needed some tech support, so i emailed. I got a satisfactory response in a day or two (it was over the New Years holiday).

Trial is great.

nathandavies

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
If you own one of the supported printers then this is a worthwhile program to buy, especially if you're a heavy printer user like primera. Over time it will save you money and the print quality trade off is an acceptable one. InkSaver is simple to use and pretty impressive overall.

Thanks
Nathan