Side by side cpu comparos

halbhh

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
Perhaps the OP is asking for exactly what your link does *NOT* offer:

A comparison of the AM2 processors like the 5200 and 5600, to the C2duos.

Mex

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005
Perhaps the OP is asking for exactly what your link does *NOT* offer:

A comparison of the AM2 processors like the 5200 and 5600, to the C2duos.
If that was the case, he would have specified that. Given how vague his question was, he got the response he deserved. Please, don't turn this into a debate on the incompleteness of the CPU charts. I didn't make them.

halbhh

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
are there any side by side comparos between amd and intel cpus?

I looked for a minute, but didn't find comparisons for the newer AMD 5200, 5600 etc.

But....I know that the 5200 is about the same as the e6400 on the whole, with slightly different strengths for each processor that aren't really dramatic. It takes at least a 10% difference for even an expert user to be able to distinguish a difference. They are basically equal within 5%. And their prices about the same.

But...if you need to do a certain type of program very heavily instead of an overall balance, check out this review (note that the 5000 is close to the 5200, and note the graphs are exagerated (not normalized)):

http://xtreview.com/review166.htm

the C2duo will overclock much better, if that is your intention. The AM2 5200 appears to have a superior upgrade path, *probably*, since the Am2 motherboard will accept the coming new AMD generation.

Both AMD and Intel will have new chipsets in motherboards within 6 months I believe.

noidly1

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2007
thanks for the effort!

my main concern is of abilities, features, flow and control.
NOT SPEED... construction, mounting, data contol. how data is directed between cpu, ram and chipset, how cpus go about getting data done. which of the two,or more, formats are better?
these are the question...

also; are single or double core cpus of a higher speed better or worse than a quad of a slower speed? does it matter for single apps?

another thing; what about intels spring pin design, any problems? will they go gack to push-pin?

shinigamiX

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006
thanks for the effort!

my main concern is of abilities, features, flow and control.
NOT SPEED... construction, mounting, data contol. how data is directed between cpu, ram and chipset, how cpus go about getting data done. which of the two,or more, formats are better?
these are the question...

also; are single or double core cpus of a higher speed better or worse than a quad of a slower speed? does it matter for single apps?

another thing; what about intels spring pin design, any problems? will they go gack to push-pin?
LGA is better than using pins, which are so 2006. Quad-Cores aren't very practical right now, but when applications are better optimised for multicore CPUs they will show their true potential.
As for your other questions, why do you want to know? The answers won't really help...

noidly1

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2007
which way is techno going?

have been amd fan for years, now thinking about intel.
dont know which way to go.

buy intel now or wait for amd?

now that amd has ati, will intel aquire nvidia, or that since amd sells to intel, will nvidia start it's own cpu co or drop cpu's altogether in favor of a gpu based non-cpu mobo?

from what i can tell, with all the techno in v-cards, are cpu's even neccisary if the gpu's are doin all the computin?

where the h___ is all this going???????

am i headed the wrong way of thinkin?

anyway, i only upgrade/build once every 4-5 years. last was socet A, now a 939, but with a short am2 spance right into socket F/L, what to do???