Login/Logoff Information

I am using Win2003 DC and having 250+ clients. I want to store the login
information of each user on DC. The same report should contains the following

User name
System Name
System IP
Login time
Logoff time

Please let me know if any solution as it is becoming very critical issue.

Shanthi

That will be difficult as domain controllers will only record account logon
events for when a user logs onto a domain computer. Account logon events
only record logons while logon events record both logon and logoff. You
should have auditing of account logon events enabled in Domain Controller
Security Policy and also increase the size of the security logs on the
domain controllers quite a bit from default. To record logoff events you
would need to enable auditing of logon events for the domain computers and
the search for the logoff events on the domain computer the user logged off
of. There is no quick, neat, and easy way to do what you want. There are
third party programs such as S..E.L.M. from Languard that can make reports
from security logs. The links below may help. --- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/prodtech/windows2000/secmod144.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/topics/serversecurity/tcg/tcgch00.mspx
http://www.gfi.com/lanselm/