Sign in with
Your question

The last CPU post until next fall - intel wins the THG $300 - Page 3

Last response: in CPUs
February 27, 2007 11:10:19 PM

Quote:
If that is atypica, 4.63GHz on stock voltage by RJ is totally outlandish; With a CeleronD you have to sweat to go beyond 4.2GHz even by bumping the voltage, typically. Maybe he is the luckiest overclocker in the world, or (most probably) it's just that mobo supplies a good 0.05-0.1V more than the required Vcore.

Outlandish?...no
Lucky?....definitely not.
Good Mobo?....up for debate.

The only reason I haven't gone higher is because the mobo has NO voltage settings. I'd love to crank the snot out of this CPU to see where it lands. I'm tempted to put the Celeron into my Abit rig with the peltier cooler and see what it clocks. I wouldn't even need the Patriot memory I'm getting tomorrow that's capable of over 600 mhz.

no data - only amti mud thrown.

Most intel chips will clock in the 4-4.25ghz range most with 1.4-1.45v. Once you cross the 4.1 line most will not be stable with out over volting.
celeron D 3.46, 805, 2.4c, 560j, 965 etc - thats the limit

Stable systems run at 4.25ghz at 1.45v for many p4's (and celeron basically the same chip with items switched off and small cache) air cooled

the 965 will clock to 4.45ghz at 1.33v it will clock to 4.6ghz but you need alot of voltage to make it stable. If you clock any chip with high voltage most likely you will shorten its life.
February 27, 2007 11:38:37 PM

I don't know what drugs you're on, but I suggest you stop taking them.
February 27, 2007 11:56:49 PM

I agree, I've had this argument before myself. Some ask what can I build for this budget? Where people answer for x amount of dollars more you can get this. :? :?

When I have customer who say they have $1000 Aussie to spend then thats what I quote them. Not $1200 or more. :?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 28, 2007 12:19:03 AM

Quote:
Hmmmmmmmmm... with due respect to this site and ALL of it's contributors, let me say that of all the STUPID PRO-INTEL articles I have seen on this site, this:
http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/02/19/the-300-pc/index...
stands above all; NOT a gaming benchmark, NOT a computational benchmark, NOT a rendering, NO multitasking, NOTHING but all what the Celeron was able to beat the Sempron at; media streaming (finely subdivided into a dozen of different software and ever-idiot synthetic benchmarks to fill a whooping 3 pages); SHAME ON WHO WROTE IT.

When it has been proven and overproven that (especially on stock) the sempron is a cheaper and better performer than the CeleronD, BLAH.

I totally agree with you on this one. I also seem to remember that, when they were setting up these systems, they mentioned that a full-on AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor would have cost $10.00 more than the Sempron they went with. Hmm...$10.00? I'm sorry, and I'll admit up front that I've always had good computers (i.e. I've never had the "budget" version of any CPU, either AMD or Intel), but I just can't imagine a situation, no matter how tight a budget I'm on, where I would forgo an extra $10.00 when I could get a clearly superior part. So I don't get that case of beer or that carton of cigarettes that week. Big whoop! This just smacks of Intel bias to me.

Now before you label me as a raving AMD fanatic, let me point out that I've owned seven computers over six years, and three of them were Intel-based. I buy what's leading at the time.
February 28, 2007 1:13:41 AM

Quote:

wow another insult another second rate amti system!

IFB (amti is always #2)

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY MULTITASKING DATA THAT SHOWS ANY AMD CHIP MADE IN THE LAST 4 YEARS (not inclluding the x2 - i agree the x2 series from 5/05 until 7/06 was the better choice for multitasking without data) WAS A BETTER MULTITASKER?
February 28, 2007 1:29:31 AM

you make me angry
February 28, 2007 1:32:05 AM

Quote:
you make me angry

time to apply the red locktite to this thread - thread locker please

wow another insult another second rate amti system! yadda yadda

IFB (amti is always #2)

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY MULTITASKING DATA THAT SHOWS ANY AMD CHIP MADE IN THE LAST 4 YEARS (not inclluding the x2 - i agree the x2 series from 5/05 until 7/06 was the better choice for multitasking without data) WAS A BETTER MULTITASKER?
February 28, 2007 1:38:48 AM

Not including the X2? WTF.

Can anyone show me there are better chips then the X2... not including anything from intel in the last 10 years?
February 28, 2007 1:44:21 AM

To all guys with second rate (amti) setups like me:

After 3 years in the second rate, DragonSprayer need to celebrate:

My fathers give me a new pc WOOOOOOOOORRRROOOOO!!!!!!!
February 28, 2007 1:58:43 AM

Quote:
If that is atypica, 4.63GHz on stock voltage by RJ is totally outlandish; With a CeleronD you have to sweat to go beyond 4.2GHz even by bumping the voltage, typically. Maybe he is the luckiest overclocker in the world, or (most probably) it's just that mobo supplies a good 0.05-0.1V more than the required Vcore.

Outlandish?...no
Lucky?....definitely not.
Good Mobo?....up for debate.

The only reason I haven't gone higher is because the mobo has NO voltage settings. I'd love to crank the snot out of this CPU to see where it lands. I'm tempted to put the Celeron into my Abit rig with the peltier cooler and see what it clocks. I wouldn't even need the Patriot memory I'm getting tomorrow that's capable of over 600 mhz.

no data - only amti mud thrown.

Most intel chips will clock in the 4-4.25ghz range most with 1.4-1.45v. Once you cross the 4.1 line most will not be stable with out over volting.
celeron D 3.46, 805, 2.4c, 560j, 965 etc - thats the limit

Stable systems run at 4.25ghz at 1.45v for many p4's (and celeron basically the same chip with items switched off and small cache) air cooled

the 965 will clock to 4.45ghz at 1.33v it will clock to 4.6ghz but you need alot of voltage to make it stable. If you clock any chip with high voltage most likely you will shorten its life.

Listen up there noob.... :?

Stop talking out of your @$$! Do you have now or ever had any of the setups you're spewing misinformation about?

I have given results on this exact topic......here it is again...

Stock SiSandra scores:
Integer 19770 it/s
Floating Point 22594 it/s
7351 MIPS
6375 MFLOPS

Super pi (1M) 42.406 sec.

26x178 mhz SiSandra scores:
Integer 26321 it/s
Floating Point 30028 it/s
9804 MIPS
8480 MFLOPS

Super pi (1M) 34.641 sec.

I'm not AMD bashing, I didn't even rag on the Sempron. I'd like for you to quote me on exactly where I was anti-AMD. I was merely stating that people should not underestimate the head of steam some Celerons can muster. My previous 8 rigs were ALL AMD's, from Socket A to Socket 754 to Socket 939. To say I'm mud throwing is offbase and an immature rebuttal. I was merely stating results that I have infact witnessed....

BECAUSE I OWN ONE!

....that's what I thought....COWARD!!! :tongue:
February 28, 2007 4:24:14 AM

Quote:

IFB (amti is always #2)

Hi, you're a fucking idiot.

Don't bother me. Don't argue, just shut the fuck up and nod.
February 28, 2007 6:31:39 AM

Quote:

IFB (amti is always #2)

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY MULTITASKING DATA THAT SHOWS ANY AMD CHIP MADE IN THE LAST 4 YEARS (not including the x2 - i agree the x2 series from 5/05 until 7/06 was the better choice for multitasking without data) WAS A BETTER MULTITASKER?

you think adding avg to that synthetic test is multitasking?

lol your really limited in your worldliness of multitasking

first, i build systems - lots of them amd and intel for years
second, i game
third, we run music, im, anti spy ware etc at the same time that is true multitasking

that data you posted above as multitasking is noob - your comments are those of a child and you should get banned - i will not report you - i really do not care. But i think the f word is forbidden?

4th you can run avg with cell phone - omg!- i mean com on - hey noob boy (ya that's you (u sick o wan be nin jett) LOOK AT YOUR TASK MANAGER WITH AVG ON HOW MUCH CPU POWER DOES IT TAKE! LIKE NONE!

YOU AMTI FANTICS ARE SAD! YES you are a sad bunch.

you need to test with multiple cpu intensive programs - try spydoctor or spysweeper added to im added to WMP added to a game

for god sake look at your task manager before you make a fool of yourself again.

once again this proves my point - 5 pages of post - the sicko ninjett finally gets some data. but as we all know avg takes no cpu power and ITS NOT MULTITASKING!

but i will give the sicko nin- jett a clam clap (that's when clap your thumb and index finger for posting irrelevant data) for atleast finding some data - and he proves my point - no true multitasking testing is ever done!

once again my point: no good multitasking testing has been done. amti is over rated in the past by a bias media and irrelevant testing (disguised as multitasking)

IFB (amti is always #2)
February 28, 2007 7:05:57 AM

Did AMD kidnap your dog or urinate on your shoes, because I seriously don't get it. Pretend for a second that you didn't wake up with a sticker stuck to your forehead that says "Intel Inside", and that the sticker doesn't refer to the Intel cpu wedged comfortably in your bum. While you are pretending, let me know why you are so intimately involved with Intel's silicon. What about that piece of glass pleases you so?

Love humans, love life, not cpu's.
February 28, 2007 7:15:33 AM

Stop posting on here, insisting that AMD is a one legged man in an ass kicking contest, and then having the nerve to make fun of him.

Do you think you know something that everyone else doesn't? I like Intel but I don't go around forcing the company down people's throats.

Be careful where you sleep. I'd hate to think that you'd wake up with a big fat AMD tatoo on your forehead.
February 28, 2007 7:54:54 AM

I love AMD and I think that they're better at everything, including foreplay. I think DragonSprayer is silly and has a small willy. Is this what you wanted?

What was the point of this thread? Anyone?
February 28, 2007 8:02:01 AM

What are you talking about? Of course virus checkers use CPU power. In fact, they use _far_ more than programs running music. If you don't believe me, run the virus checker and watch your performance indicators in task manager.

So DaSickNinja was correct, and THG was correct. I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. Time for you to nod...
February 28, 2007 9:51:31 AM

This guys loves Intel inside him:

Intel:
February 28, 2007 11:56:46 AM

Whoah. I would have photoshopped that before i posted.... there is so much potential in that image.

Congrats DS, you didnt shut up just like I said.
You .... Are...... An..... I D I O T.
February 28, 2007 12:34:15 PM

Quote:

STOP posting BS and go learn what a PDF maker is you stubborn fanboy :evil: 
February 28, 2007 12:43:45 PM

PDF maker wtf is that?

/joking
February 28, 2007 1:36:04 PM

Quote:

IFB (amti is always #2)

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY MULTITASKING DATA THAT SHOWS ANY AMD CHIP MADE IN THE LAST 4 YEARS (not including the x2 - i agree the x2 series from 5/05 until 7/06 was the better choice for multitasking without data) WAS A BETTER MULTITASKER?

lol your really limited in your worldliness of multitasking

first, i build systems - lots of them amd and intel for years
second, i game
third, we run music, im, anti spy ware etc at the same time that is true multitasking

that data you posted above as multitasking is noob - your comments are those of a child and you should get banned - i will not report you - i really do not care. But i think the f word is forbidden?

4th you can run avg with cell phone - omg!- i mean com on - hey noob boy (ya that's you (u sick o wan be nin jett) LOOK AT YOUR TASK MANAGER WITH AVG ON HOW MUCH CPU POWER DOES IT TAKE! LIKE NONE!

YOU AMTI FANTICS ARE SAD! YES you are a sad bunch.

you need to test with multiple cpu intensive programs - try spydoctor or spysweeper added to im added to WMP added to a game

for god sake look at your task manager before you make a fool of yourself again.

once again this proves my point - 5 pages of post - the sicko ninjett finally gets some data. but as we all know avg takes no cpu power and ITS NOT MULTITASKING!

but i will give the sicko nin- jett a clam clap (that's when clap your thumb and index finger for posting irrelevant data) for atleast finding some data - and he proves my point - no true multitasking testing is ever done!

once again my point: no good multitasking testing has been done. amti is over rated in the past by a bias media and irrelevant testing (disguised as multitasking)

IFB (amti is always #2)
..... *Goes back to CPU forum hiatus*

Someone call me when this idiot shuts up. Next thing you know he'll be saying that P4 3.8GHz was the best chip ever produced. Till then, ja ne.
February 28, 2007 2:55:08 PM

no no no no... bad thing to announce. This type of guy will follow you like a dog on a leach trying to convince you that multi tasking does not involve any program except his list, and that the X2 amd processor does not count.

You wished for a Baron replacement, and this is what you got. COngrats.
February 28, 2007 3:03:02 PM

Quote:
no no no no... bad thing to announce. This type of guy will follow you like a dog on a leach trying to convince you that multi tasking does not involve any program except his list, and that the X2 amd processor does not count.

You wished for a Baron replacement, and this is what you got. COngrats.

:lol:  Do they allow internet access in mental institutions these days? :lol: 

My observation is that perhaps Mr. Daniels is having an influence on someone's posts. It's amusing that someone who doesn't know Jack, is close friends with "Jack".
February 28, 2007 3:09:15 PM

I don't think so. I think he is bullheaded and suborn... and very misguided in the tech field.

He is designing a list of requirements that he things fit his model and desired outcome and he insults anyone who messes with it or argues at how unreasonable it is.

Troll no....idiot? yes.
February 28, 2007 3:21:06 PM

He is around. I don't really disagree with him, I just think is methods and timings on his suggestions are a bit off.

X2 3800 for $100 vs e6300 for $180: We all know whats the best choice under specific instances... but Baron usually does not explain why and when to recomend, just says GO with AMD.
February 28, 2007 3:35:09 PM

X is better then Y....

You really can not say that without stating why as "better" is an opinion word.

X is faster then Y...
X uses less W then Y...
X is cheaper then Y...

Those are facts.

The 3800x2 is cheaper then then e6300. Is it better? depends on who you ask.
February 28, 2007 3:36:34 PM

Quote:
[

Someone call me when this idiot shuts up. Next thing you know he'll be saying that P4 3.8GHz was the best chip ever produced. Till then, ja ne.

I never used or bought a 3.8ghz chip - total junk - i have used many many 560j's in 2005.

Next to me is a 560j - it runs spydoctor, IM, music and guild wars at the same time with no lag - it appears to work just as well as the core 2 machine and the am2 4200+ in the same room.

The 570j was a bad chip and a even worse price. Many people who bought systems based on the 560j from me are still gaming them with no problems - one just added a 8800GTX to his system from 2/05 its just as good as his dual core.

You can get a 560j for less then $100 on ebay. Set it for 900-920 fsb stock multiplier, 1.42-1.45v - for anyone looking for a cheap pc if you can get one cheap and and low price asus p5gdc for $50 if you look around.

You need a good after market cooler and a big psu for this 125w cooker!

570j is junk!

cool data- nice stuff--------->
http://www.thetechrepository.com/showthread.php?t=30
February 28, 2007 3:40:11 PM

Baron is around If you'd like I can get him over here to "explain" things to you and introduce him to DragonSprayer now that would be funny.
February 28, 2007 3:44:42 PM

ya apparently i stepped on lot toes here --

sandman is following more collecting quotes and publishing them in bulk! lol

here is one:

a 2.4c is a half a core 2 duo

well if you run a 2.4c at 3.5ghz it will do about half the calculations of an oc C2D - well i guessed - the guy wanted to know how they compared! lol

ok i admitt that was a bad statement!
February 28, 2007 4:01:28 PM

No more so than Baron does which is...Hmmmm...always.

Baron just doesn't see things from your point of view though and is equally "enthusiatic" with his posts. The resulting explosion would probably destroy the entire internet and that's what would be fun to watch.
February 28, 2007 4:29:47 PM

Someone PM Baron and call him, this will be cool....
February 28, 2007 4:59:20 PM

Maybe they're the same person? But BM had to change his identity in order to become an Intel fanboy, so seismic was the shift!
February 28, 2007 5:08:39 PM

I wouldn't call baron a troll either.... I think he is quick to post knowledge without consideration making it look like intentional FUD.

At least he is no where near annoying and miserable as DS>
February 28, 2007 5:25:01 PM

AVG has a free x64 version of their spyware/virus program and it is the best hands down.
February 28, 2007 5:25:10 PM

Quote:
Fine, for my own sake I'll keep quiet now

anyways, since this is a hardware forum, does anyone know of a good free antispyware app that works on xp x64? My system has seriously bogged down and I don't have any dough right now, and my antispyware and good antivirus apps are installed on another partition on my regular xp, I'm wondering can I install the same software on both OSes, or do I have to buy seconds of each program even though they are on the same computer?

Yahoo toolbar has anti-spyware built in. It only works when you click the button, so it's not killing resources. They recently upgraded using Norton... :cry: 
February 28, 2007 5:29:19 PM

A TOOLBAR FOR ANTISPYWARE? WTF.

if it doesnt work unless you push the button then it is not an active spyware program, which means any nonactive spyware program such as Ad-Aware and spybot would work much better.
February 28, 2007 5:38:11 PM

Only 19 more for me. Is it acceptable to start up your own thread, called "Make me an avatar", and then just post twenty responses to your own question? I'm very excited about choosing an avatar for myself... any ideas, anyone? (of course, now I'm just asking to be insulted...)

Neither of them are trolls I'd say, but they may have needed more attention as children. What's the internet equivalent of Ritalin? Youtube?
February 28, 2007 6:28:31 PM

1000/,month? My god, are you a cyborg with a permanent internet connect?

Is this you?
February 28, 2007 6:32:14 PM

:?
February 28, 2007 6:45:07 PM

Quote:
no, I can tell you they are far from the same person, I met dragonspayer when he first joined here and had a quest to reach 100 posts for a picture and was a very enthusiastic person and wasn't a troll of any kind, whereas BM is for sure a troll

How do you spay a dragon? Dragonspayer I like the typo :lol: 
February 28, 2007 7:15:06 PM

Test controversial topic:

AMD processors better for Mac. People need to dump XP/Vista.

Anyway, Love the snow.... hate the ICE.
Someone needs to invent non-icing snow. That would be great!
February 28, 2007 7:45:15 PM

and you are how old?
I use to do homework for a friends kid's science class. It was funny as heck the stories I heard back from the teacher.

One of the best ones was that a teacher was using the solar system to show how to calculate an area of a circle. So here is the circular orbit of Earth:

Earth is 1AU from the Sun. Area of circle: Pi((1AU)^2)

Anyway teacher said no thats wrong (obviously im sure she was like wtf is AU?)

So I had the kid redu it using the Kepler's 2nd law

"the planets move such that the line between the Sun and the Planet sweeps out the same area in the same area in the same time no matter where in the orbit."

Anyway, after the math was complete (which I explained the best I could to the 13 year old who knew algebra well) he still got a fail.

His dad talked to the teacher about it and he got an A+ for "going out of his way to improve his knowledge".

Funny.
February 28, 2007 8:05:49 PM

Thought you said you were in HS? 7th grade is what.... one - three years ago.
February 28, 2007 8:14:16 PM

Quote:
Thought you said you were in HS? 7th grade is what.... one - three years ago.

Well 7th grade was back more years than both of you combined 1972.
February 28, 2007 8:14:42 PM

Quote:
Only 19 more for me. Is it acceptable to start up your own thread, called "Make me an avatar", and then just post twenty responses to your own question?

You do that, I'll have you proverbial ass in a sling.
February 28, 2007 8:18:13 PM

says the Forum wall lamp

/lol
February 28, 2007 8:34:44 PM

Quote:
Only 19 more for me. Is it acceptable to start up your own thread, called "Make me an avatar", and then just post twenty responses to your own question?

You do that, I'll have you proverbial ass in a sling.

Can we add posting from the Inquirer to the ass in a sling category as well.
February 28, 2007 8:58:54 PM

Only kidding. I'm not sure what you want with my ass in a sling, but I don't want to find out.

And BaldEagle... what's wrong with The Inquirer, anyway? Is it just that it's pretty speculative and a great source for FUD? I keep finding back-dated Inquirer things that are just total nonsense, like there being a DirectX 9 L that is like DirectX 10. Well, people tell me it's nonsense, anyway.
February 28, 2007 9:15:50 PM

Quote:

Only kidding. I'm not sure what you want with my ass in a sling, but I don't want to find out.

And BaldEagle... what's wrong with The Inquirer, anyway? Is it just that it's pretty speculative and a great source for FUD? I keep finding back-dated Inquirer things that are just total nonsense, like there being a DirectX 9 L that is like DirectX 10. Well, people tell me it's nonsense, anyway.

It was a joke. But if you decide to spam, the mods will put your post count to 1 in a heart beat.

As for the Inq, always try to have a corroborating source when posting from them.
February 28, 2007 9:25:35 PM

Early in my posting career, I posted 100 posts in the test section cause I was board... .they sent me a PM and said I DONT THINK SO.
!