Losing Folder Permissions

One of my users will create a folder and use it for a month or so and then
one day they will try to go back in it and they cant do anything. I go in and
look at he security of the folder and thier name is there but the have no
permission checked. How does this happen off and on. And it will be to more
than one also.

Please help!

Thanks
Wendy
1 answer Last reply
More about losing folder permissions

    It sounds as if either Group Policy or a script is changing permissions on
    the folder OR another user is changing permissions. Any administrator of
    that computer, user who has full control, user who has change permissions,
    or user that is the owner of the folder can change permissions. The only way
    to get a handle of what is going on is to enable auditing of object access
    on that computer in Local Security Policy [or other appropriate security
    policy] and then auditing the folder for successful change permissions. Then
    events will be recorded in the security log on the computer where the folder
    exists. There will be a ton of events to go through, however the information
    will be there. If you do such be sure to increase the size of the security
    log quite a bit from default to at least 10MB. --- Steve

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;301640 --- how to
    audit folders.

    "Wendy4488" <Wendy4488@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > One of my users will create a folder and use it for a month or so and then
    > one day they will try to go back in it and they cant do anything. I go in
    > and
    > look at he security of the folder and thier name is there but the have no
    > permission checked. How does this happen off and on. And it will be to
    > more
    > than one also.
    >
    > Please help!
    >
    > Thanks