Securing a 2k client in a NT4 Domain

You may have been asked this a dozen times guys, im sorry if you have, heres
my questions - we are still running a nt domain, and due to the nature of
the kids at a school i work at, we need to secure some 2k desktops we have
just aquired.

Now will ntconfig.pol do the trick or do i have to implement local group
policies. Any help or a point in the right direction is much appreciated.

All we need to do basically is create custom start menu, restrict display
and control panel settings and disable internet access, To most of the login
profiles. Done this with 9x clients but new to 2000/XP.

T.I.A,

Kevin

I believe that Windows 2000 will read the ntconfig.pol but am not sure but
you can test that out easily enough. You can certainly configure local Group
Policy on each computer but that can not be centralized in a NT4.0 domain.
Gpedit.msc opens the local Group Policy editor that will affect ALL users
that logon to that computer though their are hacks to exempt administrators
if need be. There is not an official way to copy Group Policy from one
computer to another but I have heard of users copying the
\winnt\system32\group policy\user registry.pol file from one computer to
another. I have not tried that myself. The link below explains in more
detail. --- Steve