Password expiration warning

Hi

I set the password policy in GPO as follows
Max 30 days
Min 28 days

Now users get this password expiration warning
"your password will be expired in 14 days.........."
Is there any way that I can customize it such as
after 27 days later, users will get "your password will be expired in 3
days......"

I thought that once I change the Min password days, it will be changed
automatically. But guess not.

Thanks

Hi,

Change this policy

Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local
Policies -> Security Options ->

Interactive logon: Prompt user to change password before expiration

Here set the number of days (default is 14) before users start getting
warnings that their password will expire...

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/proddocs/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/proddocs/en-us/582.asp

I hope this helps.

--
Mike
Microsoft MVP - Windows Security

"MinNY" <MinNY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I set the password policy in GPO as follows
> Max 30 days
> Min 28 days
>
> Now users get this password expiration warning
> "your password will be expired in 14 days.........."
> Is there any way that I can customize it such as
> after 27 days later, users will get "your password will be expired in 3
> days......"
>
> I thought that once I change the Min password days, it will be changed
> automatically. But guess not.
>
> Thanks

Thanks