Cant ping a user and can not have acces trought the networ..

hi guys!

I've never this probleme before... i ve got 12 user into my PDC and they are
all working fine... but there is 1 .. that is not working as it should..
catually i can't ping it either is ip and is netbios name and i can't acces
to is share trought the network.. well,,. i cant access ...my dns is working
good.. my wins too...no firewall into the pc....i dont know whats wrong with
this one ! thx a lot
2 answers Last reply
More about cant ping user acces trought networ

    On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 09:01:07 -0800, "ERIC"
    <ERIC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I've never this probleme before... i ve got 12 user into my PDC and they are
    >all working fine... but there is 1 .. that is not working as it should..
    >catually i can't ping it either is ip and is netbios name and i can't acces
    >to is share trought the network.. well,,. i cant access ...my dns is working
    >good.. my wins too...no firewall into the pc....i dont know whats wrong with
    >this one ! thx a lot

    If you can't ping, it's not security related. It's basic networking.
    Until a ping works, sharing won't.

    Jeff

    Try running the support tool netdiag on that computer and try to ping the
    computer's own IP address. You may have a problem with a bad network cable,
    bad port on the switch, or bad network card. Sometimes it helps to uninstall
    the network adapter in Device manager and then rebooting the computer. Also
    make sure that the network connection is enabled. --- Steve

    "ERIC" <ERIC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi guys!
    >
    > I've never this probleme before... i ve got 12 user into my PDC and they
    > are
    > all working fine... but there is 1 .. that is not working as it should..
    > catually i can't ping it either is ip and is netbios name and i can't
    > acces
    > to is share trought the network.. well,,. i cant access ...my dns is
    > working
    > good.. my wins too...no firewall into the pc....i dont know whats wrong
    > with
    > this one ! thx a lot

Windows