Cant ping a user and can not have acces trought the networ..

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

hi guys!

I've never this probleme before... i ve got 12 user into my PDC and they are
all working fine... but there is 1 .. that is not working as it should..
catually i can't ping it either is ip and is netbios name and i can't acces
to is share trought the network.. well,,. i cant access ...my dns is working
good.. my wins too...no firewall into the pc....i dont know whats wrong with
this one ! thx a lot

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 09:01:07 -0800, "ERIC"
<ERIC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I've never this probleme before... i ve got 12 user into my PDC and they are
>all working fine... but there is 1 .. that is not working as it should..
>catually i can't ping it either is ip and is netbios name and i can't acces
>to is share trought the network.. well,,. i cant access ...my dns is working
>good.. my wins too...no firewall into the pc....i dont know whats wrong with
>this one ! thx a lot

If you can't ping, it's not security related. It's basic networking.
Until a ping works, sharing won't.

Jeff

Try running the support tool netdiag on that computer and try to ping the
computer's own IP address. You may have a problem with a bad network cable,
bad port on the switch, or bad network card. Sometimes it helps to uninstall
the network adapter in Device manager and then rebooting the computer. Also
make sure that the network connection is enabled. --- Steve