make one group a member of another

I need to make the domain users group a member of the local admin group on
my windows 2000 pro. - SP4 pc. Not sure how to accomplished this.

NOTE: Basically make all of my users (domain users) who log onto the
windows 2000 server on certain PCs a member of the local admin group of the
affected PCs.
3 answers Last reply
More about make group member another

    If that is what you really want to do, then open up the Local Users and
    Computers Management Console [ lusrmgr.msc and select groups] on that server
    and add domain users to the administrators local group. There are ways to
    automate this if the number of computers are large. There are often work
    around [not always] to applications that will run only when the user is a
    local administrator. You want to avoid making users local administrators
    whenever possible. -- Steve

    > If that is what you really want to do, then open up the Local Users and
    > Computers Management Console [ lusrmgr.msc and select groups] on that
    server

    Actually, one would do this on the Pro machine and there add the
    domain group to the machine local administrators group of the Pro
    If the domain group does not already exist, that is done with dsa.msc
    (Users and Computers tool) on or targetting the domain, defining the
    group and adding accounts to it.
    Steve, I think you overlooked OP's mention of this being on W2k Sp3 Pro
    --
    Roger
    > and add domain users to the administrators local group. There are ways to
    > automate this if the number of computers are large. There are often work
    > around [not always] to applications that will run only when the user is a
    > local administrator. You want to avoid making users local administrators
    > whenever possible. -- Steve
    >

    > "shawn" <shawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > I need to make the domain users group a member of the local admin group
    on
    > > my windows 2000 pro. - SP4 pc. Not sure how to accomplished this.
    > >

    > > NOTE: Basically make all of my users (domain users) who log onto the
    > > windows 2000 server on certain PCs a member of the local admin group of
    > > the
    > > affected PCs.

    Hi Roger.

    Well I was a bit confused as he said logon to server so I was assuming he
    had a domain member server that he wanted these users to logon to as local
    administrators for some reason and some workstations. After reading again
    the "logon to server" probably meant "logon to the domain" hence my
    confusion and subsequent answer as domain member servers of course have a
    lusrmgr.msc as do workstations. --- Steve

    > "Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@nospam-comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> If that is what you really want to do, then open up the Local Users and
    >> Computers Management Console [ lusrmgr.msc and select groups] on that
    > server
    >
    > Actually, one would do this on the Pro machine and there add the
    > domain group to the machine local administrators group of the Pro
    > If the domain group does not already exist, that is done with dsa.msc
    > (Users and Computers tool) on or targetting the domain, defining the
    > group and adding accounts to it.
    > Steve, I think you overlooked OP's mention of this being on W2k Sp3 Pro
    > --
    > Roger
    >> and add domain users to the administrators local group. There are ways to
    >> automate this if the number of computers are large. There are often work
    >> around [not always] to applications that will run only when the user is a
    >> local administrator. You want to avoid making users local administrators
    >> whenever possible. -- Steve
    >>

    >> "shawn" <shawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > I need to make the domain users group a member of the local admin group
    > on
    >> > my windows 2000 pro. - SP4 pc. Not sure how to accomplished this.
    >> >

    >> > NOTE: Basically make all of my users (domain users) who log onto the
    >> > windows 2000 server on certain PCs a member of the local admin group of
    >> > the
    >> > affected PCs.

Domain Windows 2000 Windows