Norton IS problem when un/reinstalling tcpip?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
March 15, 2005 4:03:32 PM

A couple of days ago I had a 'WAN Miniport (IP) #2' conflict/problem which
meants I had to un and re install tcp/ip and then manually remove a Wan
Miniport IP #2 entry from the registry.

All that fixed my loggin problem I was having with my ISP perfectly. But
since then it seems my Norton IS has stopped working...all the settings are
as they were, but I'm getting popups and Flash things on all the webpages I
visit, and when I look in the log/statistics files, it is clear Norton IS
hasn't stopped/blocked a single thing. But according to Norton everything is
fine.

Is this a known problem? I can totally uninstall/reinstall Norton IS and
Virus if need be, but that's a bit of a hass. If I need to do that, will
that effect my current subscription, or does it still know my details and
keep my subscription valid?

Thanks for any info.

S.
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 9:55:02 PM

You can un/reinstall Norton IS and AVP. Both applications recorded your first
date of the installation into registry keys. Your subscription still remain
the same. If you know what key and how to remove those keys, you basically
get another year of subscription.

!