Monitor Computer/File Access

Is there a way to find out if someone has been accessing my computer or copy
files from my computer or just snooping around on my computer that is on a
2000 network. My OS is windows 2000 workstation.

Thanks very much.
1 answer Last reply
More about monitor computer file access

    You can enable auditing on your computer and then look at the security log
    in Event Viewer to see who has been logging onto or accessing your computer
    over the network assuming you are a local administrator. Be sure to enable
    auditing of logon events. If you suspect malicious activity make sure that
    you change your passwords, check the membership of your local administrators
    group and make sure that the guest account is disabled in Local Users and
    Computers - lusrmgr.msc. If you have shares on your computer as shown with
    the command " net share " that are other then default/remote admin/remote
    IPC then any user with read access to those shares can copy files from that
    share. The link below has more details. --- Steve

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q300958

    "Ty Archer" <TyArcher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to find out if someone has been accessing my computer or
    > copy
    > files from my computer or just snooping around on my computer that is on a
    > 2000 network. My OS is windows 2000 workstation.
    >
    > Thanks very much.

Computers Monitors Microsoft Windows