Monitor Computer/File Access

Is there a way to find out if someone has been accessing my computer or copy
files from my computer or just snooping around on my computer that is on a
2000 network. My OS is windows 2000 workstation.

Thanks very much.

You can enable auditing on your computer and then look at the security log
in Event Viewer to see who has been logging onto or accessing your computer
over the network assuming you are a local administrator. Be sure to enable
auditing of logon events. If you suspect malicious activity make sure that
you change your passwords, check the membership of your local administrators
group and make sure that the guest account is disabled in Local Users and
Computers - lusrmgr.msc. If you have shares on your computer as shown with
the command " net share " that are other then default/remote admin/remote
IPC then any user with read access to those shares can copy files from that
share. The link below has more details. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q300958