allowing the asp.net account to access a share

Hello

I have a project where I need to display graphic files housed on another
computer.
I access these files using a UNC address.

The machine is a windows 2000 server SP 4 with all critical updates.

My asp.net app, tells me it can't find the file in the share.
I know the file is there, so it must be a security issue.

I have tried to add ANONYMOUS and NETWORK to the share and ntfs permissions.
Still no go.

I enabled the guest account and added that account to the share and ntfs
permissons.

Am I thinking incorrectly when I think that allowing anonynous access to
this one share would allow IUSR_webserver access to the files contained in
the share ?
If not, then how can I get the server to allow this access ?

Thank you for your time and assistance.
Jon
1 answer Last reply
More about allowing account access share

    I solved this problem by using some in code impersonation, before trying to
    access the network resource.

    "Jon Delano" <jd31068@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > I have a project where I need to display graphic files housed on another
    > computer.
    > I access these files using a UNC address.
    >
    > The machine is a windows 2000 server SP 4 with all critical updates.
    >
    > My asp.net app, tells me it can't find the file in the share.
    > I know the file is there, so it must be a security issue.
    >
    > I have tried to add ANONYMOUS and NETWORK to the share and ntfs
    > permissions.
    > Still no go.
    >
    > I enabled the guest account and added that account to the share and ntfs
    > permissons.
    >
    > Am I thinking incorrectly when I think that allowing anonynous access to
    > this one share would allow IUSR_webserver access to the files contained in
    > the share ?
    > If not, then how can I get the server to allow this access ?
    >
    > Thank you for your time and assistance.
    > Jon

Security Windows