how to use Robocopy.exe Sync file at special security fold..

Tags:
  • Security
  • Microsoft
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
March 24, 2005 7:32:38 PM

Dear all :

I try Robocopy.exe Sync file, like this:
robocopy D:\data //192.168.0.5/data /s
It is working at normal.

But, when try some folder have special security, that admin can't access it.
Robocopy.exe can't work.

How I can sync file like this case ?

THX

More about : robocopy exe sync file special security fold

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 24, 2005 7:32:39 PM

If robocopy is set to run as an account that can interactively
manipulate the data in the source and target folders then there
should be no issue.
You need to examine the NTFS permissions on the involved
storage areas and then use an account that has permission.
Note that Administrators do not automatically have permission
everywhere just by being Administrators. They must have
grants in NTFS permissions just like any other account.

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)

!