Security settings don't allow Active X controls to display

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Hello:

OS: W2K Pack 5 IE6 pack 1

Problem description:

1. When starting "Control panel" there is message:
"Security settings don't allow dispaly Active X controls on page ..."

1.1 After "Control panel" loaded all icons in left pane are unactive.
When I click on any of them there isn't pop-up menu.

2. The same is true when I open "Windows Explorer".

3. I tried adjust setting in "Internet Explorer" .

3.1 When settings were at the low level warning message disapper

3.2 All icons in left pane still unactive ( no pop-up menu).

4. I noted that IE has security setting also for "Local computer".

I have another PC with w2k ( pack 4 ) and there isn't setting

for "Local Computer"

Thank you,

dave

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Oops,
icons in left pane work OK, its

icons in right pane are inactive.

Sorrry, dave

"dave" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> OS: W2K Pack 5 IE6 pack 1
>
> Problem description:
>
> 1. When starting "Control panel" there is message:
> "Security settings don't allow dispaly Active X controls on page ..."
>
> 1.1 After "Control panel" loaded all icons in left pane are unactive.
> When I click on any of them there isn't pop-up menu.
>
> 2. The same is true when I open "Windows Explorer".
>
> 3. I tried adjust setting in "Internet Explorer" .
>
> 3.1 When settings were at the low level warning message disapper
>
> 3.2 All icons in left pane still unactive ( no pop-up menu).
>
> 4. I noted that IE has security setting also for "Local computer".
>
> I have another PC with w2k ( pack 4 ) and there isn't setting
>
> for "Local Computer"
>

> Thank you,
>
> dave

You might also want to post this in The Internet Explorer Security
newsgroup. Usually when I have problems I add a website to my trusted zone
assuming I trust it. It may also be helpful to run something like AdAware SE
on your computer to check for problems with spyware/adware/hijacks that
often change your Internet Explorer settings. There is a registry setting to
make the my computer Web Content Zone visible. --- Steve

-- AdAware SE
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315933 -- how to enable my computer
zone