The Kerberos subsystem encountered a PAC verificat failure

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
March 24, 2005 2:19:02 PM

I am receing the following error Event ID 7 "The kerberos subsystem
encountered a PAC verification failure. I found article 88326 regarding
this issue and ran the steps that they recommend. All services are fine
with the exception of KDCSVC. When I enter the command Sc query KDCSVC I
reveive the following message:

OpenService Failed 1060:
The specified service does not exsist as an installed service

I could not find any information regarding this issue. What problems does
this prevent and how do I go about resolving it?
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 2:21:06 PM

Please ignore this is a windows xp machine on a 2000 server. I entered this
in the xp thread.

"Dan S" wrote:

> I am receing the following error Event ID 7 "The kerberos subsystem
> encountered a PAC verification failure. I found article 88326 regarding
> this issue and ran the steps that they recommend. All services are fine
> with the exception of KDCSVC. When I enter the command Sc query KDCSVC I
> reveive the following message:
>
> OpenService Failed 1060:
> The specified service does not exsist as an installed service
>
> I could not find any information regarding this issue. What problems does
> this prevent and how do I go about resolving it?
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 1:25:39 AM

Two things to try are to use System File Checker [ sfc /scannow] and if that
does not help a repair install which will require that you first install the
service pack and then all critical updates when done. First for XP Pro try
to use System Restore to an earlier point to see if that helps. --- Steve

!