Starting ADSL at boot-up

murali

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2004

Hi,
I recently bought a ADSL connection from a local telephone company. I
set-up it as my default connection tthrough IE -> tools -> internet opions
->connections->add->... It works fine but every time i start IE i have click
connect button & then connect to internet. Further there r 2 computer icons
on the system tray which blink at the same time. 1 always present & other
comes up after clicking connect button. I want the internet connection to be
started up at booting.

If you are using DSL then you are already connected to
the Internet. Try this: Just go in to Internet Options,
on the Connections tab remove any entries in the box.
Please post back the results.

In article <D80F2791-4C9C-43F6-9BBB-3C96C0C8F59B@microsoft.com>,
murali@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Hi,
> I recently bought a ADSL connection from a local telephone company. I
> set-up it as my default connection tthrough IE -> tools -> internet opions
> ->connections->add->... It works fine but every time i start IE i have click
> connect button & then connect to internet. Further there r 2 computer icons
> on the system tray which blink at the same time. 1 always present & other
> comes up after clicking connect button. I want the internet connection to be
> started up at booting.

All I did was set my ADSL internet connection to connect automatically
and then stuck a shortcut to it in my Startup Folder - no need to get
complicated - LOL

ADSLautoConnect (http://www.adslautoconnect.net/)

The 1st program automatically creates a connection once the OS is booted &
recreates the connection if it would ever happen to get closed

Adslautoconnect is by default in French. Once installed, go to the installed
folder in which you'll find a lang sub-folder. Go in there & rename res.dll
to something like res.backup.dll & rename res_eng.dll to res.dll. Restart
the application.

"murali" <murali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I recently bought a ADSL connection from a local telephone company. I
> set-up it as my default connection tthrough IE -> tools -> internet opions
> ->connections->add->... It works fine but every time i start IE i have
> click
> connect button & then connect to internet. Further there r 2 computer
> icons
> on the system tray which blink at the same time. 1 always present & other
> comes up after clicking connect button. I want the internet connection to
> be
> started up at booting.

ADSLAutoconnect

get it here:

http://wteam.uw.hu/support/no-free/ADSLAutoconnect205F16.exe

the installer has an english version too... sorry

"murali" <murali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I recently bought a ADSL connection from a local telephone company. I
> set-up it as my default connection tthrough IE -> tools -> internet opions
> ->connections->add->... It works fine but every time i start IE i have
> click
> connect button & then connect to internet. Further there r 2 computer
> icons
> on the system tray which blink at the same time. 1 always present & other
> comes up after clicking connect button. I want the internet connection to
> be
> started up at booting.

> and then stuck a shortcut to it in my Startup Folder
yes.... that is true, but I have seen that on some systems that does not
work!
ome sort of delay in the startup sequence does not allow it to start.
thats why I posted the service program.

"D Mazzetti" <dmazz@NOSPAM.nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
> In article <D80F2791-4C9C-43F6-9BBB-3C96C0C8F59B@microsoft.com>,
> murali@discussions.microsoft.com says...
>> Hi,
>> I recently bought a ADSL connection from a local telephone company. I
>> set-up it as my default connection tthrough IE -> tools -> internet
>> opions
>> ->connections->add->... It works fine but every time i start IE i have
>> click
>> connect button & then connect to internet. Further there r 2 computer
>> icons
>> on the system tray which blink at the same time. 1 always present & other
>> comes up after clicking connect button. I want the internet connection to
>> be
>> started up at booting.
>>

> All I did was set my ADSL internet connection to connect automatically
> and then stuck a shortcut to it in my Startup Folder - no need to get
> complicated - LOL

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 08:01:08 -0800, murali
<murali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote :

>Hi,
> I recently bought a ADSL connection from a local telephone company. I
>set-up it as my default connection tthrough IE -> tools -> internet opions
>->connections->add->... It works fine but every time i start IE i have click
>connect button & then connect to internet. Further there r 2 computer icons
>on the system tray which blink at the same time. 1 always present & other
>comes up after clicking connect button. I want the internet connection to be
>started up at booting.

I'm confused by all the replies to this query.

My ADSL is usually on 24/7 and whenever I open IE, it connects to the
specified URL. The ADSL connection dialogue is in the modem, not in
Windows/IE.

In IE Tools/Internet Options/Connections I have it set to "Never dial
a connection" and LAN settings to automatically detect settings.
It connects automatically every time without any manual input on my
part, and with no shortcuts in the start menu.

You shouldn't need to include your ADSL in the connections list - I
only show my dial up connections there.

Peter Wilkins wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 08:01:08 -0800, murali
> <murali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote :
>
>> Hi,
>> I recently bought a ADSL connection from a local telephone
>> company. I set-up it as my default connection through I.E. -> tools
>> -> Internet opines ->connections->add->... It works fine but every
>> time I start I.E. I have click connect button & then connect to
>> Internet. Further there r 2 computer icons on the system tray which
>> blink at the same time. 1 always present & other comes up after
>> clicking connect button. I want the Internet connection to be
>> started up at booting.
>

> I'm confused by all the replies to this query.
>
> My ADSL is usually on 24/7 and whenever I open I.E., it connects to the
> specified URL. The ADSL connection dialogue is in the modem, not in
> Windows/I.E..
>
> In I.E. Tools/Internet Options/Connections I have it set to "Never dial
> a connection" and LAN settings to automatically detect settings.
> It connects automatically every time without any manual input on my
> part, and with no shortcuts in the start menu.
>
> You shouldn't need to include your ADSL in the connections list - I
> only show my dial up connections there.

It depends how you connect your PC to the modem.
If it's a USB connection, you'll have to log on manually (as for a dial up
connection): set that connection as "default" and click "always dial my
default connection".
If it's an Ethernet connection, your log on details have been saved in the
modem when you installed it, so you are connected to the Internet right
away as soon as you power up your machine.
Most of the modems given for free by the ISPs are USB's and have a bandwidth
limitation.

Peter Wilkins wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 08:01:08 -0800, murali
> <murali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote :
>
>> Hi,
>> I recently bought a ADSL connection from a local telephone
>> company. I set-up it as my default connection tthrough IE -> tools
>> -> internet opions ->connections->add->... It works fine but every
>> time i start IE i have click connect button & then connect to
>> internet. Further there r 2 computer icons on the system tray which
>> blink at the same time. 1 always present & other comes up after
>> clicking connect button. I want the internet connection to be
>> started up at booting.
>

> I'm confused by all the replies to this query.
>
> My ADSL is usually on 24/7 and whenever I open IE, it connects to the
> specified URL. The ADSL connection dialogue is in the modem, not in
> Windows/IE.
>
> In IE Tools/Internet Options/Connections I have it set to "Never dial
> a connection" and LAN settings to automatically detect settings.
> It connects automatically every time without any manual input on my
> part, and with no shortcuts in the start menu.
>
> You shouldn't need to include your ADSL in the connections list - I
> only show my dial up connections there.

It depends how you connect your PC to the modem.
If it's a USB connection, you'll have to log on manually (as for a dial up
connection).
If it's an Ethernet connection, your log on details have been saved in the
modem when you installed it, so you are connected to the Internet right
away.
Most of the modems given for free by the ISPs are USB's and have a bandwith
limitation.