FTP user folder problem

I've a server with windows 2000 server and if i configure two ftp
user:
user1
and
user2

and their respective folder

c:/ftpfolder/user1
and
c:/ftpfolder/user2

when the user1 login correctly view its folder but he can view also
all the other subfolders in c:/ftpfolder even if he can't access the
other folder.

Can i disable the user2 viewing the other folder different from it's
own ?
How can i do this ?
3 answers Last reply
More about user folder problem

    Viewing the existance of or viewing content of ??
    To control all
    make ftp root something like f:\ftproot
    then make ftp vdirs
    user1 for g:\ftpfolder\user1
    user2 for g:\ftpfolder\user2
    and make sure that the NTFS permissions on these
    physical folders are something like
    administrators full, userX read write list
    When a user then connects they will not see anything
    unless their g:\ftpfolder\userX is their home directory,
    and if it is not then the first thing they will need to do
    is to cd userX
    --
    Roger Abell
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
    "Salva" <mjlapo23@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I've a server with windows 2000 server and if i configure two ftp
    > user:
    > user1
    > and
    > user2
    >
    > and their respective folder
    >
    > c:/ftpfolder/user1
    > and
    > c:/ftpfolder/user2
    >
    > when the user1 login correctly view its folder but he can view also
    > all the other subfolders in c:/ftpfolder even if he can't access the
    > other folder.
    >
    > Can i disable the user2 viewing the other folder different from it's
    > own ?
    > How can i do this ?

    All right but i must give user1 and user2 permission of read in the
    root directory (ftpfolder) otherwise the users cannot log in the sub
    folder (user1 and user2).

    Ftp client says (cannot login in the root folder).

    Any ideas ?

    So if you do give them read on the vdir that is root, they
    do not get to see anything there if all the others are not
    physically within, but are vdirs as was outlined.

    --
    Roger
    > All right but i must give user1 and user2 permission of read in the
    > root directory (ftpfolder) otherwise the users cannot log in the sub
    > folder (user1 and user2).
    >
    > Ftp client says (cannot login in the root folder).
    >
    > Any ideas ?

Windows 2000 Servers Windows