Asus Commando Motherboard

dougle

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2007
Has anybody checked out the Asus Commando motherboard? It seems to be pulling down go reviews and appears to be made for future upgrades, ie quad core. I'm looking at it, or the P5b, P5W, or the Gigabyte DQ6 v3.3. I plan on dropping an E6600 or E6700 in it. Any input?
Thanks to any who respond.

sarsoft

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
Anything new from ASUS these days is buggy. Wait a bit till new bios version are available. Had the same problem with my extreme striker (could not oc beyond 3.2) now everything works without a glitch.

P5B vs Commando gets same results in ocing. Nothing impressive with Commando motherboard. I would go with P5B or DQ6 and save some cash.

ottopw

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
I have this board and I love it. I have a qx6700 with 4 gigs of buffalo fire stix. a soundblaster x fi and a radeon 1650 till the r600 is out. Anyway I have my proc at 3.4 air cooled and my ram at 1066. 100 percent stable. This board allows for seperate voltage and memory freq. so youy can tweak this board top your tastes. I went for this board over the 680i because of its buggyness and poor soundblaster support.

Nate_Grey

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
Hey folks. I'm thinking about getting this motherboard either late March or late April. I want it cause its the only motherboard I could find for Dual Core that has that many PCI slots (may wind up using all of them for music production). I don't plan on overclocking it EVER, just sticking 2 gigs of Twin Corsair 6400 DDR2 memory and using an 8800 GTS. I know about the bios, but the place I'm getting the processor from (a local computer chain) should take care of that for me.

So...is the mobo really worth it? :D