didierkasjan

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
I'm building a new high end gaming rig this week and just want to get some opinions on what case I should house it in.
I will be getting 8800gtx vid card and e6600 Intel processor just to give you an idea.

So far im deciding between:
Coolermaster 830 Evo
Silverstone TJ07

Which do you guys think is the better choice? Or if theres a case you recommend over these let me know too.

Thanks

cal7

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2007
I'm building a new high end gaming rig this week and just want to get some opinions on what case I should house it in.
I will be getting 8800gtx vid card and e6600 Intel processor just to give you an idea.

Coolermaster 830 Evo
Silverstone TJ07

Which do you guys think is the better choice? Or if theres a case you recommend over these let me know too.

Thanks
This has already been discussed again and again , just look some recent topics.
Look at the Tt Armor also.Its cheaper and big enough for you.BTW if you have a big PSU i would recomend the 83x -cant remember if you can fit one in the 830 but in 831 i have , you can.

chailvr

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2007
I got en e6600, 8800 gtx as well in a mozart tx case. really easy case to install stuff in with 2 side panels and it has space for 10 fans which is a bit overkill but it comes with 5. great space for a watercooling system and plenty of drive bay space.

icehot

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
I personally like the Jeantech Aqua V3 for ease of working on, or there's the thermaltake Matrix VX, if you can find one, they're being sold as lan party cases.

knowsitall

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006

Coolermaster 830 Evo
Silverstone TJ07

Thanks

No No No NO.. get the best bang for the buck cooling case. Get a antec 900 case. it has a almost silent 200mm fan on it. It will cool those darn 8800gtx's right the f*** down!!

cheetsy

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
I've got an 8800GTX and an E6600 in a Gigabyte Aurora Case, had to squeeze the 8800 in despite it being a full tower, the way they have the hdd rack positioned makes it a tight squeeze.

With the GTX installed I was left with about half a centimetre of clearance between the end of the GTX and the hdd rack! Fortunately the rack faces sideways so doesnt obstruct any hdd spaces!

But i would have been out of my mind if it hadn't of fitted.

Cheetsy

ZOldDude

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006

Coolermaster 830 Evo
Silverstone TJ07

Thanks
I use alot of Coolermaster cases....found they run cooler than others.
For a large server style the older T0-1 with the HD fan inline with the exit fan tends to cool better than the newer style with alot of fans as the air moves inline over the hot parts without "swirling" hot air about inside the case.

Always remove the fan grill on the cases exit fan for full airflow no mater what case you use.

G

One thing I will always go for from now on is a case with intake filters.

I have a 3 year old Xaser III and live in Japan in a room with Tatami mats and the room gets dusty easily. Vacuuming the filters every couple of weeks is better than having to vacuum inside - including the graphics card fan eventually.
(Although I do anyway - because it's my baby).

Not the best case for you but I just wanted big, spacious and tons of fans at the time. So - keep an eye on cases with filters if you want to keep the inside pretty clean.

$0.02

yakyb

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
this is my third reccommendation for the AKASA mirage today LOL

great case

however so is the Stacker 830/832 pick the one you prefer

i would go with the mirage tho its huge

cheetsy

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
erm, I imagine so, but, you know the side door has a large vent, i screwed a 120mm fan in there blowing air in over the GPU and CPU, all helps, easy to do aswell, just measure up ur fan holes, drill 2 holes in the mesh and screw in with normal fan screws!

Cheetsy