[SOLVED] Hackintosh possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

est_cap

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
Hi! I was wondering, I built a new PC, and I was wondering, as a matter of just making it, if it was possible to make a hackintosh out of it... HTe specs are the following:

CPU: FX8350
GPU: XFX 7950
RAM: 8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
Mother: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0

I searched a lot and didn't find much of fx8350 being compatible with what I want to do..
Is it possible?

Ya, not sure. All Mac's are Intel based PC's inside, so Intel's usually make better Hackintosh's. The best thing usually is if you are intent on having a Mac/PC dual boot thing going on because you need the Mac for Mac only software, is to either buy a Mac and BootCamp it to Windows, or build a Hackintosh PC based off recommendations from the Hackintosh forums for the most compatible hardware.

Why do you want a Hackintosh, just to play around with MacOS or is there something specific you want it for?

est_cap

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
Thanks for the advices. I just wanted to play around BOOTING MacOS, I have a VM with it runing fine, but I just wanted to make it really boot in the PC, and as I saw that some AMD APUS were compatible I thought I could make it work with 8350 as well .. but it seems so far no one was able, or interested , on doing so.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Check this source for solid hackintosh advice.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/home.php

I suspect that even if you could hack together a successful install via your FX8350, it would be unstable. I would not recommend going down this path unless you just want to experiment. Check the site's (see above) buyer's guides for what will work better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS