Sign in with
Your question

Hackintosh possible?

Tags:
Last response: in Mac Os X
March 7, 2013 12:58:25 PM

Hi! I was wondering, I built a new PC, and I was wondering, as a matter of just making it, if it was possible to make a hackintosh out of it... HTe specs are the following:

CPU: FX8350
GPU: XFX 7950
RAM: 8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
Mother: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0

I searched a lot and didn't find much of fx8350 being compatible with what I want to do..
Is it possible?

More about : hackintosh

March 7, 2013 1:06:50 PM

Ya, not sure. All Mac's are Intel based PC's inside, so Intel's usually make better Hackintosh's. The best thing usually is if you are intent on having a Mac/PC dual boot thing going on because you need the Mac for Mac only software, is to either buy a Mac and BootCamp it to Windows, or build a Hackintosh PC based off recommendations from the Hackintosh forums for the most compatible hardware.

Why do you want a Hackintosh, just to play around with MacOS or is there something specific you want it for?
m
l
Related resources
March 7, 2013 1:10:09 PM

An AMD is the last thing you want for a hackintosh.
m
l
March 7, 2013 1:12:06 PM

Thanks for the advices. I just wanted to play around BOOTING MacOS, I have a VM with it runing fine, but I just wanted to make it really boot in the PC, and as I saw that some AMD APUS were compatible I thought I could make it work with 8350 as well .. but it seems so far no one was able, or interested , on doing so.
m
l
March 7, 2013 1:14:34 PM

est_cap said:
Hi! I was wondering, I built a new PC, and I was wondering, as a matter of just making it, if it was possible to make a hackintosh out of it... HTe specs are the following:

CPU: FX8350
GPU: XFX 7950
RAM: 8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
Mother: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0

I searched a lot and didn't find much of fx8350 being compatible with what I want to do..
Is it possible?

Check this source for solid hackintosh advice.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/home.php

I suspect that even if you could hack together a successful install via your FX8350, it would be unstable. I would not recommend going down this path unless you just want to experiment. Check the site's (see above) buyer's guides for what will work better.
m
l
March 7, 2013 2:04:21 PM

If you just want to play around, stick with the VM, give it ample cores and RAM and it will run decent. I use VM's for playing around will all kinds of OS's and things, but don't bother installing them on my PC fully.
m
l
!