[PW!] [NS] Jose Solano's Fifth Anniversary Cast Picture is..

After six months, Jose Solano's Fifth Anniversary Cast Picture is
finally finished! Featuring 150 Pokewars! characters, it's a very
impressive work of art. Jose and I will provide a list of characters to
accompany the picture in the next update to the PW! Pavilion, so that it
will be easier to figure out who's who. Until then, enjoy playing the
Pokewars! equivalent of "Where's Waldo?". Two new pictures by
Bandraptor, Chibi Nidons and Jeff Raiser, have also been added to the
site, as well as Bandraptor's latest PokéWARS! comic!

A few new Pokewars! Sounds are now available at the Pokewars! Pavilion.
One of the more impressive sound files is "Whatever Became of
SHAKK-master?", a song performed by Steffan Alun that was written by
Newton P. Haights as a parody of a song called "Whatever Became of
Hubert?". The other two sound files that are now available were created
by me. One features Sting the Tentacool and the other features Luthor
and Nurse Marcia. The PW! Pavilion's Archive, WG section, Character
Tracker, and Groups page have all been updated as well.

-Rob
22 answers Last reply
More about jose solano anniversary cast picture

    >After six months, Jose Solano's Fifth Anniversary Cast Picture is
    >finally finished! Featuring 150 Pokewars! characters, it's a very
    >impressive work of art. Jose and I will provide a list of characters to
    >accompany the picture in the next update to the PW! Pavilion, so that it
    >will be easier to figure out who's who. Until then, enjoy playing the
    >Pokewars! equivalent of "Where's Waldo?".

    Already spotted Alex, Cass and Jason. They all look great. Nice placement
    choice with Alex, BTW (having her in the midst of her comrades in the Search
    Party, not to mention near Aerie and family). Also, who's that angel-looking
    guy opposite Jason, the Angel of Goddish?

    (applause)

    William Rendfeld
    Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
    178,000 Excellent Author Points
    1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
    20 Y2Tech Points

    Rob wrote:

    > After six months, Jose Solano's Fifth Anniversary Cast Picture is
    > finally finished! Featuring 150 Pokewars! characters, it's a very
    > impressive work of art. Jose and I will provide a list of characters to
    > accompany the picture in the next update to the PW! Pavilion, so that it
    > will be easier to figure out who's who. Until then, enjoy playing the
    > Pokewars! equivalent of "Where's Waldo?".

    Let's see... I found Kitsu (nice), Keaton (a distinct lack of red, but
    otherwise nice), Lynkeru (I think), Keiko Kamen (nice placement of
    Pokemon), and Smasher (another good one). To tell the truth, I was a
    little afraid of how decently Keiko would come out, but like how she
    turned out. I don't see any of my other characters, unless I'm
    mistaken, but that's fine.

    Are there two Minax/Marcias, or is one of them alternate future Aerie?

    --

    Chet "Tech" Weaver

    AIM: PanGatomon
    MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
    eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
    Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
    ICQ: 122744531

    My Adventure Quest character:

    Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots wrote:

    > Are there two Minax/Marcias, or is one of them alternate future Aerie?

    Oh, wait. That's Carol, isn't it? Nevermind.

    --

    Chet "Tech" Weaver

    AIM: PanGatomon
    MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
    eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
    Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
    ICQ: 122744531

    My Adventure Quest character:

    > After six months, Jose Solano's Fifth Anniversary Cast Picture is
    > finally finished! Featuring 150 Pokewars! characters, it's a very
    > impressive work of art.

    I'd call impressive a bit of an understatement. It's fantastic!

    Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots wrote:
    > Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots wrote:
    >> Are there two Minax/Marcias, or is one of them alternate future Aerie?
    >>
    > Oh, wait. That's Carol, isn't it? Nevermind.

    Check the hair color. Anime-standard green/purple/blue/pink are not
    that prevalent in PW!, as demonstrated here.

    Though I think I do see AF Aerie (with Seth and Slasher - though Maria
    is elsewhere), along with normal Aerie, Doppler, and Mimic. The groups
    make it easy to find characters (for instance: find Aerie, and you've
    found Doppler, Marcia, and Omelette; then check nearby for many of those
    she's travelled with recently), and give more meaning to their positions
    and poses in the scene.

    This is definitely quite a good work.

    "Adrian Tymes" <wingcat@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots wrote:
    > > Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots wrote:
    > >> Are there two Minax/Marcias, or is one of them alternate future Aerie?
    > >>
    > > Oh, wait. That's Carol, isn't it? Nevermind.

    Nope. There was once a PW! character who liked transforming into Rockets and
    tricking people. I won't tell you the name, to see if you can figure it out
    with that information, but that's who that is. ;-)

    > Check the hair color. Anime-standard green/purple/blue/pink are not
    > that prevalent in PW!, as demonstrated here.
    >
    > Though I think I do see AF Aerie (with Seth and Slasher - though Maria
    > is elsewhere), along with normal Aerie, Doppler, and Mimic. The groups
    > make it easy to find characters (for instance: find Aerie, and you've
    > found Doppler, Marcia, and Omelette; then check nearby for many of those
    > she's travelled with recently), and give more meaning to their positions
    > and poses in the scene.

    AF Aerie, Seth, and Slasher aren't in the picture. I'm guessing you're
    looking at the PW!'s answer to Jessie, James, and Meowth - Murasaki, Kiniro,
    and Sneakers. I agree that the character placement that Jose came up with is
    excellent. Major PW! groups (ATR, the Mount Moon Crew, Clan Caterpie,
    Amber's Group, etc.) are placed together, so it's easy to find characters
    who used to or currently hang out with each other.

    -Rob

    Rob wrote:
    > Nope. There was once a PW! character who liked transforming into Rockets and
    > tricking people. I won't tell you the name, to see if you can figure it out
    > with that information, but that's who that is. ;-)

    Just one character? I can think of at least two - although one is
    identifiable elsewhere in the picture, and I don't see the other by
    other means.

    > "Adrian Tymes" <wingcat@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    >>Though I think I do see AF Aerie (with Seth and Slasher - though Maria
    >>is elsewhere)
    >
    > AF Aerie, Seth, and Slasher aren't in the picture. I'm guessing you're
    > looking at the PW!'s answer to Jessie, James, and Meowth - Murasaki, Kiniro,
    > and Sneakers.

    Ah, thanks. I thought something looked a little off (esp. for
    "Slasher").
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Wow, that's nice. Too bad I've been away for so long...I don't recognize a lot
    of the characters.
    Guess I'll have to wait for the character guide.

    "Life isn't fair, Calvin."
    "I know, but why couldn't it ever be unfair in my favor?"
    -Calvin and his dad, "Calvin and Hobbes"
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Rob <robfrompw@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<40C430AE.2080101@yahoo.com>...
    > After six months, Jose Solano's Fifth Anniversary Cast Picture is
    > finally finished! Featuring 150 Pokewars! characters, it's a very
    > impressive work of art. Jose and I will provide a list of characters to
    > accompany the picture in the next update to the PW! Pavilion, so that it
    > will be easier to figure out who's who. Until then, enjoy playing the
    > Pokewars! equivalent of "Where's Waldo?".
    <snip>

    Found my characters. (PK is even in his "evil robot" form. I thought
    everybody had blocked their memories of that.)

    -Andrusi &&
    Sanity not included.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    A link would help for those of us who have lost the PokeWars link....

    --
    ---
    Lady Timedramon, aka Time Lady

    It's Not Easy Being Green-the Unofficial Beast Boy/Changeling Fansite
    http://MysticManor.tripod.com/garfieldlogan

    The Titans Together Webring
    http://n.webring.com/hub?ring=titanstogether

    The Mystic Manor Gateway
    http://MysticManor.tripod.com
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Lady Timedramon wrote:
    > A link would help for those of us who have lost the PokeWars link....

    http://pokewars.pipian.com/
    and head from there.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Nothing more dangerous to a dragon than an overly affectionate Nidoking.
    <shakes head, smiling> Oh well, at least you can see my eyes this time - Good
    work Jose...
    Runt
    "Slow and steady wins the race."
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Rob <robfrompw@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<40C430AE.2080101@yahoo.com>...
    > After six months, Jose Solano's Fifth Anniversary Cast Picture is
    > finally finished! Featuring 150 Pokewars! characters, it's a very
    > impressive work of art. Jose and I will provide a list of characters to
    > accompany the picture in the next update to the PW! Pavilion, so that it
    > will be easier to figure out who's who. Until then, enjoy playing the
    > Pokewars! equivalent of "Where's Waldo?". Two new pictures by
    > Bandraptor, Chibi Nidons and Jeff Raiser, have also been added to the
    > site, as well as Bandraptor's latest PokéWARS! comic!
    >
    > A few new Pokewars! Sounds are now available at the Pokewars! Pavilion.
    > One of the more impressive sound files is "Whatever Became of
    > SHAKK-master?", a song performed by Steffan Alun that was written by
    > Newton P. Haights as a parody of a song called "Whatever Became of
    > Hubert?". The other two sound files that are now available were created
    > by me. One features Sting the Tentacool and the other features Luthor
    > and Nurse Marcia. The PW! Pavilion's Archive, WG section, Character
    > Tracker, and Groups page have all been updated as well.

    Just one question, is that supposed to be Evir and SureSwift2?
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    > Just one question, is that supposed to be Evir and SureSwift2?

    You haven't been around for a while have you? That's been a bit of a
    long running joke here.

    Although I didn't laugh, honest.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    luneric <luneric@dontrit> wrote in message news:<40d0568b_1@127.0.0.1>...
    > > Just one question, is that supposed to be Evir and SureSwift2?
    >
    > You haven't been around for a while have you? That's been a bit of a
    > long running joke here.
    >
    > Although I didn't laugh, honest.

    What has?
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    >Just one question, is that supposed to be Evir and SureSwift2?

    No, that's supposed to be Bo, Evir does not appear anywhere in the cast pic.
    You may not have noticed, but Bo has appeared in two previous works:

    http://pokewars.pipian.com/art/scgroupportrait.jpg Rob's Silver conference pic

    http://pokewars.pipian.com/comics/dec03.html and Beth's hilarious comic.

    Yes, that's SureSwift2.

    Jose L. Solano
    -------------------------------
    A devious, degenerate defender of the devil
    -------------------------------
    "It's too damn safe."
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    jsolano199@aol.comlink (Jose L. Solano) wrote in message news:<20040616162859.04588.00000048@mb-m10.aol.com>...
    > >Just one question, is that supposed to be Evir and SureSwift2?
    >
    > No, that's supposed to be Bo, Evir does not appear anywhere in the cast pic.
    > You may not have noticed, but Bo has appeared in two previous works:
    >
    > http://pokewars.pipian.com/art/scgroupportrait.jpg Rob's Silver conference pic
    >
    > http://pokewars.pipian.com/comics/dec03.html and Beth's hilarious comic.
    >
    > Yes, that's SureSwift2.

    I recognized Bo and I've been trying to forget those two comics.
    However, I did not recognize who's holding Bo's hand and the disaster
    that is SureSwift2 in the cast pic.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    >I recognized Bo and I've been trying to forget those two comics.

    I can undestand why you don't like Beth's comic, but what was wrong with Rob's
    art?

    >However, I did not recognize who's holding Bo's hand

    That's Anchovy Ace... you won't remember him, since he was around during the
    first months of PW! in 1999 and was the first person to be banned (though, Dr.
    Compuman may have been banned first, but either way Ace stirred controversy
    first and is the most remembered of the four banned writers). Ace is
    significant in that his case was similar to yours... he simply refused to
    listen, often making excuses for his behavior.

    >and the disaster
    >that is SureSwift2 in the cast pic.

    Well, you were banned from PW!. That alone will make you the target of mockery.

    Jose L. Solano
    -------------------------------
    A devious, degenerate defender of the devil
    -------------------------------
    "It's too damn safe."
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    jsolano199@aol.comlink (Jose L. Solano) wrote in message news:<20040617174525.23098.00000148@mb-m07.aol.com>...
    > >I recognized Bo and I've been trying to forget those two comics.
    >
    > I can undestand why you don't like Beth's comic, but what was wrong with Rob's
    > art?

    Not Rob's pic I have a problem with. The one with the Ditto I do.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    >> I can undestand why you don't like Beth's comic, but what was wrong with
    >Rob's
    >> art?
    >>
    >Not Rob's pic I have a problem with. The one with the Ditto I do.

    What the hell are you talking about?

    Jose L. Solano
    -------------------------------
    A devious, degenerate defender of the devil
    -------------------------------
    "It's too damn safe."
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    >>> I can undestand why you don't like Beth's comic, but what was wrong with
    >>Rob's
    >>> art?
    >>>
    >>Not Rob's pic I have a problem with. The one with the Ditto I do.
    >>

    >What the hell are you talking about?

    He's talking about the Flash comic, I believe, the one where Bo is decapitated
    by a Ditto (as a monstrous Trapinch-thingy, no less).

    I don't blame him myself. Still, this kinda thing does happen with characters
    like Bo (I point to my own TF-character Echowarrior as an example).

    William Rendfeld
    Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
    178,000 Excellent Author Points
    1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
    20 Y2Tech Points
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    TheRunt wrote:
    > Nothing more dangerous to a dragon than an overly affectionate Nidoking.
    > <shakes head, smiling> Oh well, at least you can see my eyes this time - Good
    > work Jose...
    > Runt
    > "Slow and steady wins the race."

    Hee hee.... ^_^

    Though it would have been a bit more appropriate for Spunky to be
    glomping Drake...

    If I do decide to make my comeback to PW, you'll really see how much
    trouble that Nidoking's gotten himself into XD

    --
    ---
    Lady Timedramon, aka Time Lady

    It's Not Easy Being Green-the Unofficial Beast Boy/Changeling Fansite
    http://MysticManor.tripod.com/garfieldlogan

    The Titans Together Webring
    http://n.webring.com/hub?ring=titanstogether

    The Mystic Manor Gateway