Celebi...rumors about Ruby/Saphire and Contests

Just ran across somthing kinda interesting. Hoping someone here can confirm
or kill the rumors. I saw a board with a bunch of posts saying that Celebi
was spotted and even captured in Ruby after getting all 5 paintings done for
winning contests.

Has anyone in here gotten all 5 paintings? If so, can you confirm the rumors
about Celebi showing up afterwards?

I am guessing all the posts were probably false but there were a lot and I
have seen other references on other sites.

Don't get too excited :) It's going to be like Mew. You can either get Mew
by cheating or by going to a Nintendo Endorced Event. It's going to be the
same for Celebi

In article <ZV0xc.129250$hY.112352@twister.nyroc.rr.com>,
Raph <raph1@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Just ran across somthing kinda interesting. Hoping someone here can confirm
>or kill the rumors. I saw a board with a bunch of posts saying that Celebi
>was spotted and even captured in Ruby after getting all 5 paintings done for
>winning contests.

My wife and I both got all 5 paintings; neither of us have seen Celebi
(except in G/S/C, after I got the Gameshark).

This appears to be another one of those rumors that get started.

david@thornley.net | If you don't, flee.